About this opportunity
Are you a highly organized individual with an eye for detail? Do you have demonstrated success working in a fast paced environment while managing multiple priorities? If so, we would love for you to apply for the Administrative Assistant position. In this opportunity, you will play a key role in supporting Actua's team from our beautiful office located in the Byward
Market. The ideal candidate is someone with great people skills and a positive attitude who is willing to jump in wherever their help is needed.
This is a full-time, one year contract position with a possibility of extension located in Ottawa.
This is an in office position, typical hours are 8:30am to 4:30pm. Some flexibility is needed to support after hours and/or weekend events/meetings. Start date: Mid August
Actua is looking for
- A collaborative and flexible individual who makes supporting the Actua office a priority.
- A highly organized individual who can juggle priorities in a fast-paced environment, with a solutions-focused attitude, and a commitment to teamwork.
- An individual with exceptional attention to detail, outstanding verbal and written communication skills, and a commitment to maintaining confidentiality and discretion in their work.
What you will do
The Administrative Assistant is primarily responsible for reception duties and the efficient day-to-day functioning of the office. They also assist with the financial activities of the organization and support Actua's team in their respective areas of work as needed.
Specific areas of work will include:
- Managing reception and providing a welcoming and professional demeanor as the first point of contact of the organization, both in-person at the office and over the phone;
- Maintaining the office in an orderly and working manner, including daily light housekeeping, weekly garbage, and daily kitchen maintenance;
- Providing general support for accounts receivable, accounts payable, and the processing of expense claims;
- Assisting with the monthly reconciliation of Actua's corporate credit cards;
- Monitoring office supply inventory levels and placing orders as required;
- Preparing staff travel arrangements and travel itineraries;
- Coordinating the logistics of internal and external meetings and events, including the set up and clean up of meeting spaces and catering when required;
- Managing office mail, shipping, and courier needs;
- Supporting other departments with various administrative tasks such as proofreading, data entry, meeting coordination, and research;
- Other duties as required.
- You are organized and professional with a keen eye for details.
- You can communicate effectively with a variety of audiences both verbally and through writing.
- You are accountable, reliable and take pride of ownership over your work.
- You are comfortable with moving quickly, shifting landscapes and are able to prioritize tasks and manage multiple deadlines at once.
- You are a great team player: dependable, flexible and resourceful with the ability to work effectively with a variety of people.
In addition to experience and demonstrated success in the subject areas outlined above and a fit with the ?About you? profile, the ideal candidate also has the following:
- 2 years of experience in an administrative role.
- Proficient in G Suite (including Google Sheets) and MS Office (including Excel).
- Experience providing administrative support to a finance team is highly desirable.
- Undergraduate degree is highly desirable.
- Fluency in English and French is highly desirable.
All Actua employees are required to be fully vaccinated with a Health Canada approved
COVID-19 vaccine series as a condition of employment. Should you be a successful candidate, you will be required to provide proof of vaccination.
Why work with us
In this role, you will have the opportunity to make a national impact joining one of Canada's most entrepreneurial and influential organizations in the skills development space. Actua is a national thought leader and you would have the chance to contribute to this national narrative. Each year, Actua and its growing network of 41 college and university-based members engage over 300,000 youth in exciting, hands-on experiences that help build their skills and confidence in STEM. We anticipate continued growth over the coming years, which will provide tremendous opportunity for you to grow with us.
This is your opportunity to join our vibrant team-driven environment while working in a youthful, fast-paced and fun culture. This role is based in our Ottawa office, which is centrally located in the Byward Market. We offer a competitive salary ($43000-$53000) and comprehensive health and dental benefits. For more information about us, please visit www.actua.ca.
Please submit your cover letter and resume as a single PDF document on the Actua employment page. Please note that while we appreciate all applications, only those candidates selected for an interview will be contacted.
Actua is an equal opportunity employer and is committed to accessible employment practices. If you require accommodation for any part of the selection process, please notify us and we will work with you to meet your needs.
Application deadline: June 24th, 2022
Job Type: Full-time
- 8 hour shift