Technical Sales Representative
Turfgrass & Ornamental
GEORGIAN BAY (Innisfil - Muskoka - North Bay - Timmins)
Do you have a passion for turf and are you intrigued by the consultative approach to sales? Looking to build your career in an exciting industry and a world-class organization? Target Specialty Products, one of North-America's largest & fastest growing Turf & Ornamental distributors is seeking a passionate, articulate, team-oriented person to join the Canadian sales team. The territory will be Georgian Bay.
Target Specialty Products (TSP) is a leading North American distributor of turfgrass & landscape maintenance products. We service both the private & public sectors of golf course maintenance, lawn care and sports turf maintenance from warehouses strategically located in BC, AB, SK, ON and QC. We have 14 technical sales reps providing Canada-wide consultation & solution-sales of nutrition, turf chemistry, seed, and specialty product. In total TSP has 80+ turf sales reps across Canada & USA from 40+ conveniently located branch locations. TSP is headquartered in Santa Fe Springs, California which also services Forestry & Vector Control, Aquatic, Nursery, Structural Pest, and Vegetation Management industries.
RESPONSIBILITIES - What do our Sales Representatives do?
Sales Representatives will join a team-oriented environment where they will proceed through a comprehensive training program to learn and understand our turfgrass and ornamental products. Team members call on a full spectrum of professional turf market segments. This role enjoys an atmosphere of a charismatic, result-oriented team with individual autonomy, travel, recognition, and rewards for achievement.
- Problem Solve - provide technical support and product information for client inquiries;
- Build trust, professional & consultative relationships with our customers;
- Create new business opportunities through prospecting, networking, leads, referrals and cross selling;
- Build partnerships and collaborate effectively with internal and external accounts to maximize growth opportunities and ensure the delivery of outstanding service solutions;
- Work with key vendor manufacturer representatives to remain current on technical product updates and market programs.
What do you need?
- Bachelor degree in Business or Science relevant to Turfgrass maintenance;
- Working knowledge of plant physiology, soil science and plant protection products;
- Strong communication skills, both written and verbal with ability to listen to client needs and present to both individuals and small groups;
- Must possess good organizational and interpersonal skills;
- Outgoing, Energetic and Persistent in nature;
- Ability to develop relationship/consultative selling with a strong attention to detail;
- Desire and ability to travel via vehicle to support your geographic territory;
- Self-motivated with the ability to work independently from a home office;
- Proficient computer skills; Google as well as Microsoft applications;
- Will be required to obtain any required industry licenses;
- Valid driver's license/clean driving record;
Why Choose Target Specialty Products?
A career with Target Specialty Products is exactly that - a professional trajectory filled with opportunity. We pride ourselves on being a world class team that rewards high performance. We offer competitive pay on a bi-weekly pay schedule and many of our roles offer incentives based on performance and providing exceptional customer experience.
Below you'll find information about some of what Target Specialty Products has to offer. All Full-Time Colleagues qualify for the following and Part-Time Colleagues qualify for most benefits when they meet certain criteria.
Professional and Personal Growth:
- Robust Paid Training & Professional Development Path
- Opportunity to grow - We love to promote from within!
- Fantastic Tuition Reimbursement benefits & Scholarship Programs (for FT Colleagues)
- Excellent Health benefits including Medical, Dental, Vision, and Life Insurance
- Outstanding Company-Paid Short Term Disability
- Access to Long-Term Disability Insurance
- Employee Assistance Program that offers services such as free counseling services and other benefits
- Company-paid sick time
Savings & Retirement:
- Retirement Savings plan with highly-competitive company-matching contributions
- Holiday Savings Club option with company-matching funds
- Employee Discounts (includes many offerings, including cellular/mobile service, (and more)
- Vacation Days & sick days
- Company-Paid Holidays & Floating Holidays
We are looking for individuals who want to make a difference where our customers live and work. Is that you?
Target Specialty Products Canada, a brand of Rentokil Canada Corporation, is an equal opportunity employer and encourages women, Aboriginal people, persons with disabilities and members of visible minorities to apply for positions. Target Specialty Products Canada is committed to provide accommodations to applicants with disabilities throughout the recruitment process in accordance with the Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act, 2005 (AODA). Please ensure to inform us if you require accommodation during any stage of the recruitment process.