Job Description :
Position: Program Administrative Assistant
Status: Permanent Full Time
Dept/Health Program: Mental Health
Role Level: AC 06 ($27.85 to $34.85)
Site: Credit Valley Hospital
Posted: June 1, 2022
Internal Deadline: June 8, 2022
Trillium Health Partners (THP) is one of the largest community-based acute care facilities in Canada. Comprised of the Credit Valley Hospital, the Mississauga Hospital and the Queensway Health Centre, Trillium Health Partners serves the growing and diverse populations of Mississauga, West Toronto and surrounding communities and is a teaching hospital affiliated with the University of Toronto.
Our Mission : A New Kind of Health Care for a Healthier Community
When we set out to build our vision and future, we connected with our community - patients, families, visitors, physicians, staff and volunteers. The foundational goals of our new strategic plan - quality, access and sustainability - anchor everything we do. Our mission for a new kind of health care is built on an inter-connected system of care organized around patients - inside and outside the hospital.
At THP, we are relentless in providing high quality, compassionate care to our communities and take great pride in fostering an inclusive and accessible environment and we are all accountable for contributing to a healthy, safe and respectful environment for healing and promoting excellence in patient care though advancing patient and staff safety. If you are passionate about what you do, motivated to improve the health of the community, committed to excellence, quality and patient safety we would like you to join our Better Together team!
A high achieving, self-motivated individual with exceptional organizational skills and demonstrated commitment to customer service will excel in this position. You must possess the ability to work in a fast-paced and constantly changing environment and be able to disseminate complex information in order to maintain effective working relationships with the Program Director and Program Chief/Medical Director. You are proactive, dynamic and able to anticipate the needs of those you support without waiting for instruction.
As a member of this incredible team you are an energizing person, not only with your work, but also your work ethic and style. You are flexible and think beyond your role or portfolio, to ensure the success of the program and those you work with.
- Grade 12 education combined with 2 years of community college secretarial and/or equivalent work-related experience providing office and clinical administration services including correspondence preparation, mail delivery, file management, minute taking, typing and distribution of agendas and minutes, office supply maintenance.
- Priority in coordinating schedules of two leaders to ensure alignment and shared accountability
- Advanced technical skills in Windows, MS Word, PowerPoint, Outlook, Excel, MS Project, videoconference and teleconference set up, and medical terminology knowledge
- Ability to manage multiple calendar activities, including booking meetings with internal and external stakeholders, planning and coordinating special events, and assisting with travel arrangements for the Medical Director and Program Director
- Experience and ability in minute-taking, dictation and transcription; well-developed keyboarding skills (50 w.p.m. minimum-accuracy)
- Superior interpersonal and communication skills, both oral i.e. answer phones, screen, direct and handle calls; maintain voicemail and written with proven abilities in preparing, designing and distributing internal/external correspondence including: reports, presentations, proposals, letters, memos, minutes, spreadsheets, etc.; combined with a customer-focused approach and ability to handle requests from inside and outside the organization,
- Proven abilities in general accounting support such as processing and tracking invoices, AP/AR expense requisitions and other fundamental transactions
- Strong organizational skills with the ability to prioritize tasks
- High accuracy and attention to detail when performing a wide variety of tasks
- Self-directed individual who can work independently with minimal supervision and can anticipate the needs of the program leaders
- Must be willing to travel across sites as needed
- Calendar management
- Coordination of Rounds (create posters, book rooms, logistics set up) and On Call schedules
- Coordination of multiple monthly program meetings (including tracking action items and agenda items)
- Take detailed meeting notes and create sussinct minutes - multiple monthly meetings
- Coordinate non-OHIP based remuneration for Ontario Psychiatrists (i.e. Sessionals, HOCC, Stipends, etc.) by tracking and responding to monthly invoices from multiple MDs to ensure the highest level of accountability
Internal Candidates who believe they possess the necessary qualifications and experience for this position and who have been in their current position for at least six (6) months are encouraged to apply.
To pursue this career opportunity, please visit our website: www.trilliumhealthpartners.ca
Trillium Health Partners is an equal opportunity employer committed to fostering a healthy, safe and respectful environment for healing, based on our values compassion, excellence and courage. To be Better Together, we commit to fostering a respectful workplace culture that promotes a safe and supportive environment for everyone who provides care, supports caregiving, receives care or visits the hospital.
In accordance with the Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act, 2005 and the Ontario Human Rights Code Trillium Health Partners will provide accommodations throughout the recruitment and selection process to applicants with disabilities. If selected to participate in the recruitment and selection process, please inform Human Resources of the nature of any accommodation(s) that you may require in respect of any materials or processes used to ensure your equal participation.
All personal information is collected under the authority of the Freedom of Information and Protection of Privacy Act.
Trillium Health Partners is identified under the French Language Services Act.
We thank all those who apply but only those selected for further consideration will be contacted.