Purpose of the position
Reporting to the Team Lead, Channel Marketing, you will be responsible for executing on the marketing & enablement strategies for SMART's global channel network. Working cross-functionally with various key stakeholders in the UCE and across the organization, the Channel Marketing Manager will aid in building the SMART brand among our distribution and channel partners and positioning the company as an industry leader. With exposure to multiple teams, this is a highly matrixed role. Candidates need to be strategic thinkers, hands-on, highly organized, detail-oriented, have experience in field marketing, and work with sales teams continually.
Duties and responsibilities
- Develop and execute B2B marketing strategies with internal channel and sales teams and the broader UCE organization that engage existing channel partners and targets potential channel partners.
- Develop a deep understanding of the business and work to develop channel marketing strategies with both the internal channel teams and leaders and Channel Partners - including regular participation in sales & channel team calls, in-person meetings and planning sessions.
- Demonstrate effective project management skills to execute cross-functionally across the UCE organization to develop world-class partner content that enables them to sell SMART successfully.
- Provide input and assist in executing programs to reach partners, drive sales plays, create tools and regularly communicate marketing programs and results.
- Champion the need for integrated & consolidated messaging to the channel across SMART business units to support the strategic plan.
- Leverage global marketing resources and content to fulfill channel marketing requirements and find ways to invent and simplify to address sales needs without large budgets.
- Development and execution of channel-facing events and webinars.
- Provide recommendations to improve the functionality and content of SMART's partner portal (The Source) and represent the channel for improvements, enhancements and effectiveness.
- Support and influence new product launch efforts in the channel, including collateral, communication strategy, training tools and related activities.
- Perform other duties as required.
Education and work experience
- Degree or diploma in business, marketing, management or a related field.
- 5+ years of relevant work experience in field marketing, demand generation or sales in a B2B environment.
- Feel at home in an agile environment and straddle between strategy and execution as needed constantly.
- Possess an expert understanding of how to drive business and marketing through the partner channels to grow business.
- Excel at cross-group collaboration and problem-solving while having a bias toward action.
- Strong program management skills, creative thinking and analytical ability.
- Proven success in developing business, marketing planning/analysis, identifying opportunities, and optimizing marketing investment.
- Motivated self-starter who thrives on working in a rapidly evolving business's complex and challenging environments.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills.
- This position does not have any direct reports.
- A valid passport is required.
- The work environment is fast-paced, continually changing and challenging.
- This is primarily an office position; however, occasional travel to off-site events and meetings may be required.
At SMART Technologies, privacy is not an afterthought to us. Privacy is at the core of our software design. The result is that privacy is an essential component at the core of our business. To read more about our specific policies, please follow the links below. For more information please review: https://home.smarttech.com/legal/privacy-policy