Public Works Division
Invites applications for the position of:
2022 Salary: $26.55 to $31.60 per hour
Location: Brockville, Ontario
Reporting to the Director of Public Works the Administrative Assistant is responsible for providing professional and efficient administrative support to all areas of the Division.
- One to two years' accredited college certificate/diploma in Office Administration;
- Two years' experience working as an Administrative Assistant;
- Working knowledge of the Ontario Municipal Records Management System (TOMRMS) classification system and electronic records management system is an asset;
- Ability to maintain an appropriate level of respect for confidentiality of corporate and personal information and be cognizant of the restrictions and obligations contained in the Freedom of Information and Protection of Privacy Act (FIPPA);
- Ability to manage a heavy workload, undertake multiple tasks, and meet deadlines;
- Sound knowledge of office procedures to carry out a full range of duties;
- Excellent project/time management, organizational, interpersonal, oral, and written communication skills;
- Ability to set priorities, manage and adapt to an ever changing and large workload;
- Self-motivated and self-sufficient. Be able to work independently, as well as within a team delivered organizational model;
- Proficient in Microsoft Office Suite (Outlook, Word, Excel) and Adobe Acrobat applications
- Familiarity and proficiency in the full range of office equipment;
- Capable of maintaining an active and complex filing system;
- Highly developed keyboarding and typing skills;
- Must be able to lift, carry or transport file boxes weighing up to 40 lbs;
- Performing the responsibilities of the position within the legislative and regulatory standards set out in the applicable Provincial and Municipal Acts in a manner consistent with the Operational Policies of the United Counties of Leeds and Grenville.
- Providing professional and efficient administrative support services to the Public Works Division including:
- Acting as back up to the Public Works division and the Secretary-Treasurer of the Land Division Committee.
- Maintaining an excellent knowledge of office procedures to carry out a full range of administrative support duties.
- Handling details and correspondence of a confidential nature, as well as establishing and maintaining various files and records (i.e. Administration, Budget, Human Resources, Labour Relations, Tender and RFP documentation).
- Maintaining an updated calendar of events and meetings, etc., pertaining to the Division.
- Undertaking special assignments/projects as requested and as required.
- Composing and answering correspondence (letters, memos, notices, etc.) on behalf of the Division, as well as preparing various business correspondence from written notes, dictation, verbal direction, and/or from knowledge of departmental policy and procedures.
- Responsible for the formatting and preparation of various policies, procedures, reports, memos, letters, etc. utilizing charts, and graphs.
- Ensuring a high level of respect for confidentiality for both the organization as a whole and staff as per the Freedom of Information and Protection of Privacy Act (FIPPA).
- The United Counties' of Leeds and Grenville regards its employees as the most valuable asset in the organization. All employees are responsible and accountable for ensuring that health and safety standards are incorporated into all aspects of our business. Furthermore, that facilities and resources are made available to ensure the successful execution of all required Health and Safety legislation as well as corporate policies and procedures are adhered to.
- Other related duties, as requested and required.
The foregoing Job Description reflects the general duties necessary to describe the principal functions of the job identified, and shall not be construed to be all of the work requirements that may be inherent in this classification.
Resumes should be marked ?Competition # PW-22-097 (Administrative Assistant, PFT)? and submitted online by 4:00 p.m. on /before Tuesday, June 14, 2022 to: https://careers.leedsgrenville.com.
Applicant information is collected under the Municipal Freedom of Information and Protection of Privacy Act (MFIPPA), and will only be used for candidate selection.
The United Counties of Leeds and Grenville is committed to providing a recruitment and selection process that is both inclusive and free from barriers. Accommodations for job applicants with disabilities are available upon request, and will be provided in accordance with the Ontario Human Rights Code and the Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act.
Applicants are required, in advance, to make any accommodation request known to Human Resources by contacting the department at 1-800-770-2170 extension 2308 or TTY 1-800-539-8685. Human Resources will strive to provide reasonable and appropriate accommodation for all applicants, during the recruitment and selection process, which will ensure the process is conducted in a fair and equitable manner.
Education College Certificate Experience 2 years