BWXT Canada Ltd. is a world leader in design, engineering, manufacture, construction and service of nuclear power generation equipment. As a supplier of innovative, high-quality nuclear components and services we cater to a worldwide customer base. We take great pride in supplying highly engineered solutions that allow our customers to compete within the complex nuclear power generation industry.
To provide administrative support to the Manufacturing Operations Department, servicing a limited group of professionals and performing administrative and general support duties with access to private information and files. Contacts Company personnel at all levels of the organization to gather information to prepare reports. Performs responsibilities in such a way as to project the appropriate professional image of the Company. Has developed specialized knowledge/skills in own area.
Employee Information Maintenance
- Inputs salary timesheets on a weekly basis for absorption using our ERP system (Visibility).
- Monitors and inputs training, absenteeism and vacation information using in-house applications as well as SAP.
- Monitors the accounting budget and compares with the actual budget, looks for areas of overrun and discusses issues/concerns with appropriate personnel (i.e. Accounting Dept. or manager).
- Supports the issuing of weekly cost centre headcount reports.
- Assists with updating Quality Program documents.
- Prepares reports using Microsoft Word, Excel and PowerPoint on a monthly and annual basis for Director and other professionals in the section.
- Compiles data and issues performance metrics on a weekly basis.
- Prepares expense reports.
- Responsible for the coordination and scheduling of meetings, presentations and customer visits. Gathers and prepares necessary materials and/or equipment. Assures the planning and coordination of the Component Operations Director's calendar of events; schedules appointments and prepares detailed itineraries complete with travel accommodations, etc.
- Composes and issues internal and external communications. Answers routine questions and furnishes information.
- Manages challenging and competing priorities and ensures time is allocated effectively to improve day-to-day efficiency.
- Interacts with management at all levels while exercising good judgment and discretion through clear and responsive communication.
- In-depth knowledge of business office processes and practices acquired through a minimum of five years' experience in a senior administrative support role.
- Excellent computer skills - Microsoft Word, Excel, PowerPoint, and Outlook.
- Outstanding and professional interpersonal, verbal and written communication skills with the ability to work effectively as part of a team or independently.
- Has sharp attention to detail with the ability to anticipate problems to prevent delays and ensure success (i.e. scheduling conflicts, meeting attendees out of the office, etc.).
- Practices good judgment, discretion, and confidentiality of sensitive information regarding department activities.
- Superior problem solving, time management and organizational skills with a commitment to process improvement.
- Flexibility to work evenings/weekends if required.
BWXT Canada Ltd. embraces diversity of thought, values individuality, encourages new perspectives and provides equal opportunity in employment for all qualified employees and applicants without regard to race, ancestry, place of origin, colour, ethnic origin, citizenship, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, age, record of offences, marital status, family status or disability, or any other category protected by provincial law.