Fortinet Canada's HR team has a great opportunity Internship or Co-op opportunity for a human resources professional, or someone newly graduated from a HR program, to join and grow their career!
The HR Coordinator is integral to Fortinet's employee experience and the efficiency of HR operations. With guidance from the Senior Manager, HR Operations, the HR Coordinator will engage in a variety of tasks in HR areas such as Employee On-boarding, Benefits, HRIS, Immigration, Culture and Employee Engagement Events, and Employee Relations.
With 11,000+ employees globally and 1,400 employees in the Burnaby office, Fortinet offers a range of opportunities for HR professionals to gain depth of skills, knowledge, and experiences that will accelerate their career development.
What You Will Do:
- Manage the employee onboarding experience for new hires, including delivering employee orientation and working with the recruitment, payroll, and management teams to set new hires up for success
- HRIS - set up new hires in our HRIS (Oracle HCM), update employee data in Oracle HCM, generate reports for auditing and to track HR metrics.
- Manage the HR knowledge base and ticketing system and take ownership of answering employee questions relating to benefits, RRSP, HRIS, HR policies and more.
- Benefits and RRSP Administration - manage benefit enrollments, troubleshoot benefits related issues, and escalate issues to benefits carriers when required.
- Maintain integrity of employee data in Oracle HCM through regular audits.
- Maintain HR section of company intranet (Fuse) and update information when required.
- Draft employment verification letters and respond to employment background check requests.
- Support immigration activities by drafting employment letters, issuing immigration reimbursement forms, assisting with immigration audits.
- Assist the Social Committee with organizing office events.
- Be part of the health and safety committee and carry out any health and safety initiatives.
- Support ad hoc projects, tasks, activities, and processes throughout the year.
Who We Are Looking For:
- Bachelor's Degree or Diploma in Human Resources, and/or hands-on HR training under the guidance of HR mentors.
- Professional human resources work experience in which you have proven yourself as an efficient, analytical, organized, and trusted resource that played a critical role for the team(s) you were on, is an asset.
- Track record of providing effective and quality customer service in a high-pace and high-volume environment.
- Someone who enjoys working with systems - administration experience with a HR Information System is an asset.
- General understanding of group benefits, Canadian employment laws, and HR systems with a keen interest to learn more.
- An extremely analytical, detail-oriented, process-driven mind with the desire and ability to connect tactics to strategy and the bigger picture.
- Strong working knowledge of MS Office products, especially in Excel.
- Independent yet collaborative professional who has managed competing priorities, and worked alongside and within a network of multiple stakeholder groups.
We encourage all applicants who can excel in this role to apply. We particularly encourage applicants who identify as Black, Indigenous, people of colour, LGBTQ2IA+, and those living with a visible or invisible disability to consider this opportunity. We look forward to hearing from you!