At Bayer we're visionaries, driven to solve the world's toughest challenges and striving for a world where ,Health for all, Hunger for none' is no longer a dream, but a real possibility. We're doing it with energy, curiosity and sheer dedication, always learning from unique perspectives of those around us, expanding our thinking, growing our capabilities and redefining ?impossible'. There are so many reasons to join us. If you're hungry to build a varied and meaningful career in a community of brilliant and diverse minds to make a real difference, there's only one choice.
Product Marketing Manager
As the Product Marketing Manager at the Digital Farming Solutions organization, you will have the opportunity to ensure that Climate's Canadian strategic success factors are translated to key Global leadership teams, in order to target product adherence to the Canadian market opportunities; and define and quantify the value proposition for your product domain or segment and connecting to regional teams to boost the externalization of the value prop. Your leadership defining your product's market potential, value proposition, and growth strategy will support our efforts to drive increased platform users and drive high-value services.
This is a permanent, home-based position, based within Canada.
What you will do:
- Maintain in-depth knowledge of current and future Climate products and services, as well as market and customer opportunities with the Canadian region.
- Influence global leadership within Product, Engineering and Commercial to make sure Canada's critical needs are considered in Climate's pipeline.
- Ensure successful product launches collaborating with product management and commercial stakeholders on product and regional readiness.
- Leverage market research to stay current on the digital agriculture landscape and represent the customer's voice to influence the product pipeline.
- Collaborate with relevant platform partner stakeholders to drive platform partner strategy; onboard, engage and support partner execution.
- Define and quantify value proposition and market opportunities for market and segment globally through market research, competitive intel and market demographics, by developing real-world success story narratives for use in marketing, sales, and training.
- Lead value capture assessment and monetization alternatives collaborating to define the platform messaging hierarchy relative to segments/regions (current and future platform relevance and differentiation).
- Work in close collaboration with regional Marketing, Customer Operations, and Commercial teams to ensure critical alignment and boost Field View? value prop to the market.
- Partner with regional marketing as the Climate product storyteller of the product roadmap to BCS commercial teams.
- As a key influencer and integrator, you will pursue initiatives that will create enterprise value with Bayer's future pipeline and commercial solutions.
- Collaborate with Bayer's Digital Farming Solution Venture Teams and Product Managers in the definition of our future platform offering for key markets.
Who you are:
- Bachelor's degree with emphasis in Business, Marketing, Engineering or related field. (post-grad designation is an asset)
- Strong background in row crop agronomics, farming practices and/or distribution.
- 6/+ years of relevant experience in the agricultural industry for either an Agricultural Marketing/Product Manager, Customer Ops or Sales.
- Demonstrated ability to lead projects and influence a broad set of internal stakeholders.
- Experience working cross-functionally across different organizations.
- Self-starter, with the demonstrated ability to drive results in a highly dynamic environment.
- Willingness to travel (up to ~25%).
- Flexible, can-do attitude, with the ability to juggle multiple priorities is a must.
- Customer centricity and ability to interact and comprehend customer (internal and external) needs and translate to business needs.
- Excellent English written and verbal communication skills.
This position requires full vaccination against COVID-19.
What we offer:
- Competitive compensation and rewards package
- Collaborative, diverse and inclusive culture
- Career development and global opportunities
- Work-life flexibility programs such as flex hours, employee discounts, volunteer days, wellness, and other employee offerings
Bayer is committed to fostering, cultivating and preserving a culture of Inclusion and Diversity. We embrace and encourage our employees' differences and believe that our people are our most valuable asset. The collective sum of individual life experiences, knowledge, innovation, self-expression, unique capabilities that our employees invest in their work represents our culture, reputation, and Bayer's values and purpose.
Learn more about our values and purpose at: https://www.bayer.com/en/ca/canada-our-purpose-values
All referral candidates must first be submitted via our internal referral system by a current Bayer employee in order to participate in the referral program. Once a Bayer employee has successfully referred you in our system, you will receive an automated email with instructions on how to complete your application.
Application Deadline: June 22, 2022
Bayer welcomes and encourages applications from people with disabilities. Candidates participating in our selection process requiring accommodation due to a disability or medical need are encouraged to notify the Bayer representative that they will be meeting with to ensure appropriate arrangements can be made.
Anywhere in Canada (remote)