Booking & Event Coordinator
- Certificate in Business Administration, with concentration in marketing, events and/or program planning.
- Minimum 2 years' experience within a sport, recreation or event environment.
- Experience in club program management, volunteer management, staff caoching, event coordination and sport administration.
- Experience with recruiting, supervising and training staff/volunteers.
- Exceptional interpersonal, customer service, salesmanship and team building skills.
- Entrepreneurial minded.
- Decision making, networking and excellent communication skills.
- Dispute resolution and conflict management.
- Strong time management and organizational skills.
- Proficiency in Microsoft office.
- Personal credibility, is trusted and respected by others and serves as a role model for others when solving problems and dilemmas.
An equivalent combination of education, experience, and knowledge acceptable by the College may also be considered.
- Event planning and hospitaility with Business focus.
- Experience with ActiveNet is an asset.
- understanding of sport
Keyano College is a comprehensive community institution in the Regional Municipality of Wood Buffalo. Stretching from north-central Alberta to the borders of Saskatchewan and the Northwest Territories, Wood Buffalo is one of the largest municipalities in Canada. Keyano College meets both the training and skills acquisition needs of industry, and the personal enrichment and cultural needs of the Wood Buffalo community. The College provides lifelong, relevant, and practical learning opportunities and is committed to increasing access to post-secondary programs.
Keyano College's Sport & Wellness Centre is seeking a Booking & Event Coordinator. This position reports to the Recreation Manager and is responsible for the direct planning, supervision of set up, execution, supervision of tear down and post event follow up for all facility bookings in the Sport & Wellness Centre.
The Booking & Event Coordinator provides services to the annual facility rentals and is responsible for all aspects of bookings pertaining to quality control, customer service, human resources, scheduling, liability and safety. This position is essential in communicating with internal Keyano College departmental requests to ensure seamless access to the facility. Interpersonal, customer service, salesmanship and team building skills are essential. The Booking & Event Coordinator works directly with the Guest Services Coordinator, and Fitness Coordinator to develop entrepreneurial activities and opportunities for the department but reports directly to Recreation Manager.
This position may be required to work early mornings as well as late nights, including weeknights and weekends depending on the specific event(s). This is a physically demanding job that may require moving heavy items, chairs, tables etc. On occasion the Coordinator may be required to work outside (cold or hot weather).
CUPE SW6 - $63,692.07 per annum which includes an attractive health and benefits package.
Number of Vacancies
Desired Start Date
Position End Date (if temporary)
Open Until Filled
Special Instructions to Applicant
Keyano college encourages everyone coming to our campuses to be fully vaccinated and to get their booster shots as soon as they are eligible. Vaccination against COVID-19 remains the best way to prevent severe illness and death, and third doses can boost immunity to improve protection and limit spread.
Job Type: Full-time
Salary: $60,000.00-$63,692.07 per year