Join the Westcorp Team!:
This position is a full-time contract for 3-6 months. The role has the possibility of extension.
The Full-Time Community Events and Marketing Coordinator will be part of the events and marketing team and has the primary purpose of supporting resident engagement, community events, and marketing initiatives. The ideal candidate is a dynamic individual who is passionate about planning events that engage residents and tenants, add value to their experience, foster connection, and build a sense of community. This role aims to provide industry-leading levels of customer service and first-class facilities while recognizing and realizing cost efficiencies.
Who You Are:
You have a passion for polished events that generate engagement, and you love to communicate and have strong interpersonal skills.
- You understand different types of events and are always on the lookout for new trends to bring to life. You have a level of comfort with technology and appreciate a well-designed graphic or image.
- You have mad skills with customers and guests - and you create a memorable experience.
- You are comfortable working with a team that provides candid feedback and moves the needle daily.
- You are a team player, and a responsible and diligent individual takes ownership of their work
- You are adept at managing partnerships and relationships with vendors and key stakeholders
- You can wear multiple hats, and like the versatility of taking charge, solving problems, and moving with purpose.
- You have marketing chops that allow you to propel the communications and promotions of your event.
- You work well when collaborating with others, you are astute at gaging a crowd and acting/leading/responding accordingly, and you are always up for giving and receiving feedback
- You are a problem-solver have mastered ?figuring it out? and have a black belt in Google-Fu.
- You can run projects from inception to completion and take pride in your organization and prioritization skills.
- You are a strong written and verbal communicator, especially in sticky situations.
Event Planning and Execution
- Plan and execute engaging events that create a sense of value
- Strategically plan events that are in alignment with the values and vision for each property, with the support of the Marketing Team
- Help to curate a wide variety of events that appeal to a variety of preferences
- Leverage current happenings, holidays, and events to drive and enhance events
- Help to coordinate logistical aspects of the event as needed, including sourcing service/product providers
- Manage budgeting, vendors, and communications as needed
- Create knowledge management for each event
- Generate partnerships that build business for Westcorp and our tenants
- Help to create communications plans for each event and monthly calendar (ex. newsletter, eblasts, website, social media)
- Support the completion of monthly reporting
- Educate/update Security Staff on after hour's event management and assist with the training of security personnel as required for after-hours follow up as needed
- The goal: create a sense of engagement and belonging including extraordinary customer service and elements of delight and surprise
Manage the rentable spaces
- Conduct daily walk-throughs to ensure that rooms are clean and operational, manage bookings, resolve queries, and prepare the booked spaces
- Communicate any operational issues to the team and manage solutions with vendors
- Collaborate on and circulate monthly reporting
- The goal: manage a seamless booking experience and create value that has tenants wanting to continually live and work here
Champion Diversions and the brand
- Be the face of Diversions, notice any operational issues with the facility and communicate them, resolve queries, build relationships
- Meet regularly with and update key stakeholders including the marketing team, leasing teams, and property management teams
- Capture moments of the brand and events for use on social media and digital platforms
- The goal: create a sense of value that makes residents and tenants want to keep living here
Be an ambassador and team player for Westcorp
- Execute all work in a safe, professional manner in compliance with Occupational Health and Safety Legislation.
- Ensure local, provincial, & federal laws and regulations are being observed at the community.
- Ensure comprehension and compliance with all Westcorp Playbook policies.
- Complete other duties as assigned.
Required Skills and Abilities:
Ideally enrolled in or completed post-secondary education in marketing, event planning, communications, or related field
- 2 years of relevant experience
- Standard First Aid or NLS certification (Lifeguard) an asset
- Friendly team communication player with excellent and collaboration skills
- Highly proficient computer skills and knowledge of Microsoft Office (MS Word, Excel, Front Page, Outlook, Publisher, PowerPoint)
- Experience in Canva, Adobe Creative Studio or other design programs will be considered an asset
- Must be available to work primarily daytime hours with evenings and weekends as required (hours may fluctuate depending on events scheduled)
Working at Westcorp
Headquartered in Edmonton, Westcorp Property Management Inc. is a vertically integrated company that creates, invests in, and manages residential, commercial, and hotel properties. Westcorp operates in Edmonton, Calgary, Kelowna, and Bonnyville, as well as in Michigan in the United States.
Westcorp is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace and is an affirmative action employer. We are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender identity or veteran status. If you have a disability or special need that requires accommodation, please let us know by completing this form.
Westcorp employs 200 people with many decades of combined, extensive and successful experience. We provide our employees with a work environment that promotes professional and personal development.
Our approach to employee attraction and retention is straightforward: We want the best of the best. To attract the ?best of class' and the best new entrants to the real estate field, Westcorp provides:
- Competitive wages
- Comprehensive benefits package including a Health Spending Account
- Employee assistance program
- Career plan
- Recognition programs
- Professional development learning
- An exceptional work environment
- A mentoring culture