Our rich history is a big part of who we are. With historic roots dating back over 135 years, Woodbine is steeped in tradition. We have been the engine that drives the Ontario horse racing industry. From King's and Queen's trips to Canada, anniversaries and unforgettable horse races, we have been creating winning experiences for all our guests.
We are currently on an amazing 20-year journey to ?build a city within a city' and transform the largest privately held land in Toronto into one of Canada's premiere entertainment destinations. This journey will unlock the value of approximately 700 acres of land, leading to job creation and the revitalization of our communities, while enhancing our ability to share the thrill of horse-racing and cementing our place as an entertainment powerhouse.
We need dedicated people to join our cause. Be part of Woodbine Entertainment and get inspired to make work awesome!
Our Values & Beliefs
| WOW EVERY GUEST | OWN IT! | LISTEN & CONNECT - PEOPLE MATTER | FUEL THE FUN & PASS IT ON | TRUST IN OUR TEAM | #WE CARE | PURSUE YOUR POTENTIAL |BE BOLD| BE ALL IN |
Reporting to the Senior Manager, Recruitment and Talent Planning, the Talent Acquisition Specialist will be committed to exceeding hiring managers' expectations and delivering a best-in-class candidate experience. The Talent Acquisition Specialist's primary goal is to ensure we hire people who live and breathe Woodbine's values and beliefs and embody our brand promise to create winning experiences. The Talent Acquisition Specialist is a vital member of our organization, tasked with ensuring we hire the right people so that we can fulfil our corporate mission, vision and strategic imperatives. Required to lead and participate in projects and manage external relationships to create high value sources of continual talent, including seeking passive candidates through leveraging social media. The Talent Acquisition Specialist's sourcing abilities, consultative support and insights play an important role in ensuring we provide an awesome guest experience while staying true to our values and beliefs.
Your day to day:
Leverage a variety of sourcing tools to continuously build and maintain talent pipelines with active and passive candidates to attract the right people to Woodbine
- Initiates and manages end-to-end recruitment for both internal and external hires, sourcing candidates by engaging in both proven and new and innovative talent sourcing methods to source top-notch candidates and develop a future pipeline including, but not limited to, networking, placement agencies, job boards, and campus recruitment.
- Act as a brand ambassador and effectively communicate Woodbine's employee value proposition when sourcing and interviewing candidates
- Engages candidates for hard to fill roles by utilizing social media and social networking recruiting tools and sites, including but not limited to LinkedIn and Facebook.
- Conduct telephone pre-screens, schedule interviews, support hiring managers during interviews
- and conduct pre-employment background checks for all position levels
- Works within the requirements of the collective bargaining agreement as necessary and provides input and support to hiring managers.
- Builds and retains a viable candidate pipeline by creating partnerships with selected colleges and universities, attending career fairs, developing relationships with agencies, assisting with the student placement process, and networking.
- Work collaboratively with stakeholders to build hiring manager capabilities by demonstrating inclusive recruitment best practices and providing a great candidate experience
- Have engaging and meaningful conversations with candidates to gain market insights and determine job/organization fit
- Participates in the development of, and effectively utilizes, tools and systems for applicant tracking, ensuring recruitment practices are in compliance with relevant collective agreements, government standards and legislation.
- Provide support with the creation and delivery of training materials to assist the business in
- effective interviewing techniques and use of applicant tracking system
- Builds the awareness, know-how, and capability of hiring managers by assisting them in learning about the hiring process.
- Engages with Supervisors and Managers to support and empower their efforts to successfully recruit top talent.
- Under the direction of the Sr. Manager, Recruitment and Talent Planning is responsible for providing guidance and leadership to the Talent Acquisition team in developing the employer brand and leading employment marketing initiatives, branding, campaigns, and internal referral programs.
- Work collaboratively with the Talent Acquisition team to execute campus recruitment and community relations initiatives
- Presents offers of employment, collects all necessary new-hire documentation, and ensures all onboarding documents are in place; escalates any issues pertaining to the job offer to the Sr. Manager, Recruitment and Talent Planning.
- Collaborate with internal stakeholder teams, including Marketing to develop branding materials for social media campaigns and hiring events
- Research and recommend opportunities to leverage best practices in recruitment, including social media and technology
- Reviews the onboarding process and makes recommendations to update or revise procedures, creating efficiencies and improving new employee integration within Woodbine
- Collects data and assists in the reporting of standard metrics for the Talent Acquisition team, to be used to identify trends and opportunities for improvement.
- Live and breath Woodbine's values and beliefs
Key Success Factors
University or college degree/diploma in a field related to Human Resources Management and/or Recruitment and Selection or the equivalent in education and experience
- 3 to 5 years experience in a recruitment/talent acquisition role
- Proven experience using a variety of sourcing tools, including Linkedin Recruiter and job board resume databases
- Knowledge of social media/social networking recruiting tools and sites.
- Interpersonal skills to effectively resolve conflicts and build and maintain critical relationships within the organization, and with both internal and external stakeholders.
- Registered Professional Recruiter designation is an asset
- Ability to engage with all levels of stakeholders from candidate to senior leadership.
- Excellent interpersonal, communication and organizational skills
- Sense of leadership and willingness to succeed
- Adaptable with the ability to multi-task and manage a high volume recruitment workload
- Valid G license and unlimited access to a vehicle to travel to Woodbine sites
Guided by our Values and Beliefs, Woodbine Entertainment commits to providing an authentic and empowering work experience! Please reach out if you're ready to embrace change and be part of a new breed of experience while working for one of Canada's certified Great Places to Work!