Who we are:
Validere is the leading all-in-one commodity management platform for the energy industry. We believe the future of energy requires a modernized supply chain, so we're reducing the barriers to actionable insights to make the energy landscape better for everyone. Through people and technology, we bring clarity to commercial, operational, and environmental challenges, provide ways to act on the learnings and facilitate predictions for the future state.
Founded at Harvard University, Validere has since raised $70M+ from leading technology and energy investors, including Mercuria Energy America, BlackRock, Wing VC, Greylock Partners, and Y Combinator. With offices in Houston, Calgary, and Toronto, our 100+ employees focus every day on delivering the highest value, removing friction, and scaling results for every one of our customers.
In 2022, Validere and Phoenix Energy Marketing joined forces to empower the industry to easily execute on data analytics insights. Learn more.
Who you are:
To support our rapid growth, we are looking for a Senior Natural Gas/NGL Marketing Representative with focus on executing, improving, and expanding the existing suite of client services of our newly acquired subsidiary, Phoenix Energy Commercial Services. You're just as excited as we are about building the most high-tech and innovative marketing platform and tools in Canada.
Reporting to our Professional Services Manager (Commercial), you will work closely with our Services team to deliver value to clients, spearheading onboarding of new clients, helping to identify and leverage value from Validere products and technologies, as well as reporting on account health and performance.
Let's give you a purpose:
- Own the Natural Gas/NGL marketing, transportation and trading activities for clients to deliver commercial value and be a reliable resource in abnormal situations
- Provide front, mid & back office Natural Gas and NGL marketing support, including but not limited to: optimize firm & interruptible gas transportation , placing nominations, monitoring & balancing positions, weekend/holiday gas control rotation, price reporting, netback analysis, assist with revenue accruals, monitor credit positions, contract negotiation and administration, invoicing and reconciliation
- Coordinate shared goal-setting with our clients and execute on plans to achieve key commercial milestones and report out on account health/status to the Services Manager
- Support seamless onboarding experiences for new clients
- Work closely with our product team to (a) improve existing processes and streamline key marketing tasks leveraging technology, (b) evolve our marketing toolkit with new and exciting offerings for clients by leveraging your industry expertise and feedback from clients & prospects
- Provide mentorship guidance to team members leveraging your industry knowledge and experience
- Assist sales efforts and pitches to prospects with your technical expertise as required
- Responsible for annual NGL contract negotiations/execution/position management
- Perform spot or short term sales as required, pipeline position management, weekend on-call rotation
- Facilitate gas transportation strategy/optimization
What you'll bring along:
- 10+ years working with natural gas/NGL producers and/or natural gas/NGL marketing companies in a scheduling or trading role.
- University degree or College degree in a related field, such as Accounting, Commerce, or Business Management/Administration, or equivalent experience.
- Knowledge of the upstream natural gas/NGLs industry in Western Canada
- Knowledge and familiarity with the natural gas/NGLs marketing and sales cycle
- Understanding of plantgate gas sales purchasers and their services
- Familiarity and ability to use GasEDI contract templates
- Knowledge of Western Canada gas pipeline systems & storage operators, including TC (NGTL), Enbridge (WEI), Alliance (APL) and TransGas (TGL)
- Proficiency & experience using ICE/NGX gas trading platform
- Understanding of NGL recoveries at gas plants, liquids trucked, pipeline, fractionation, netback calculations and back-office support or ability/eagerness to learn
- Professional designation is considered an asset
What sets you apart:
- You're a great communicator and a meaningful relationship builder with clients and other stakeholders
- You are keen to work in a dynamic tech-environment; you're excited to build new tools to revolutionize the marketing space
- Solving problems in a creative way excites you
- You like identifying opportunities to improve existing processes and services
- You're a team player, and aim to be an integral part of shaping our Commercial Hub Sales & Product strategy by leveraging your deep industry expertise
- You're a problem solver at heart; your success is your client's success
Our shared values:
- Deliver (the highest) value
- Remove friction
- Make it more scalable everyday
- Be fair and transparent
- Stay well & safe
Validere is an equal employment opportunity employer. We welcome and encourage applications from everyone regardless of race, colour, religion, gender, sexual orientation, age, or disability status. Accommodations are available on request for candidates taking part in all aspects of the interview process and beyond. We are committed to providing an inclusive, open, and diverse work environment.