Join a team of purpose-driven individuals on a collective mission of creating and advancing the technology that helps teachers, learners, and everyone make authentic, meaningful connections.
Our people are at the center of our business, and we mean it. This year, SMART was recognized as a ?Best-in-Class' organization by Mercer Sirota. This rating is based on employee engagement scores as compared to over five hundred companies across all industries. That's right, our people put SMART in the top ranks of organizations worldwide. Collaborate with these bright minds around the world who believe in the power of innovation. At SMART we're large enough to do great things but small enough that you don't get lost in the crowd. Be a part of meaningful work that fuels connections across the globe. These are the connections that really matter - and inspire greatness.
Purpose of the position
This role supports the global sales function through development, scope, design and implementation of an enablement program to increase channel & sales revenue. They will leverage current and future sales enablement platforms to build sales tools that help drive both partner and internal sales team success. This role will help drive the development of sales tools and customization of content from Product Marketing, Product Management and Sales to optimize usage and availability by our channel partners and internal sales teams. They will establish and develop strong working relationships and work in close collaboration with the appropriate global teams within SMART to identify key strategies to enable the channel and internal seller.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Leverage your knowledge of the channel and the collective knowledge of our global sales team to establish a global enablement program for our channel sellers.
- Working with design and creative resources within SMART, develop sales tools to support the enablement program and drive increased mind share and capability within the global sales team.
- Gauge capabilities within our global partner network to establish areas of strength and opportunities.
- Manage the creation and production of sales tools that develop and enhance sales reps understanding and ability to sell SMART.
- Curate the sales enablement content to ensure sales tools are up to date and relevant.
- Through proactive partnerships with the Learn and Buy teams, this role will ensure that sales tools are relevant, scalable and consistent with the strategy, messaging and direction of the sales team.
- Regular engagement and interaction with sales leadership, our partners and internal teams to understand and measure the use and efficacy of the sales tools
- Navigate complexity of our offering, develop sales facing tools to bridge capabilities to help sellers address customer outcomes and help sellers to drive customer conversations around the value of SMART
- Ensure the global sales team is equipped with the right enablement tools at the point in time they need it so they can lead effective customer engagements.
- Establish an enablement plan that puts into context the value of SMART products & solutions and provides clear guidance for what sellers need to know, say, and do to be successful..
- Develop a deep understanding of the business and work to develop enablement strategies with both the internal channel teams and leaders as well as Channel Partners - including regular participation in sales & channel team calls, in-person meetings and planning sessions.
- Demonstrate effective project management skills to execute cross-functionally across the UCE organization to develop world class partner content that enables them to successfully sell SMART.
- Provide recommendations to improve functionality and content of SMART's partner portal and representing the channel for improvements, enhancements and effectiveness.
- Perform other duties as required.
Education and work experience
- Degree or diploma in business, marketing, management or a related field
- 5+ years of relevant work experience in marketing, demand generation or sales in a B2B environment
- Experience working within a reseller or distributor environment is considered an asset
- Feel at home in an agile environment and be able to constantly straddle between strategy and execution as needed
- Possess an expert understanding of how to drive business and marketing through the various channels to grow business
- Excel at cross-group collaboration, problem solving and has a bias for action
- Strong program management skills, creative thinking and analytical ability
- Proven success developing business, marketing planning/analysis, opportunity identification and optimizing marketing investment
- Motivated self-starter who thrives on working in the complex and challenging environments of a rapidly evolving business
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- A valid passport is required
- The work environment is fast-paced, continually changing and challenging
- This role is office based but may require some travel
At SMART Technologies, privacy is not an afterthought to us. Privacy is at the core of our software design. The result is that privacy is an essential component at the core of our business. To read more about our specific policies, please follow the links below. For more information please review: https://home.smarttech.com/legal/privacy-policy