The Centre for Aging
- Brain Health Innovation (CABHI) has an opportunity for a
TEMPORARY FULL TME (APPROX 12 MONTHS)
70 Bi-Weekly Hours| Non-Union | Day Shifts
CABHI is at the forefront of the agetech revolution having funded and accelerated more than 350 companies, projects and innovative solutions to improve the quality of life of the world's aging population including and especially those living with or at risk of developing dementia. With follow on funding of more than $407M generated by CABHI portfolio companies, CABHI's work accelerates the adoption of these innovative solutions, ensuring more people can age as they choose in the setting of their choice.
The CABHI Marketing and Communications team is responsible for developing and executing marketing and communication strategies for a wide range of internal and external audiences to support CABHI's operational plan, business goals, strategic objectives and brand awareness goals. The team manages CABHI's reputation, brand stewardship, social and digital media, event planning, media relations, marketing outreach and audience engagement. Reporting to the XX, the Graphic Designer works with colleagues from across CABHI to prepare reports, presentations, pitches, collateral, digital and offline graphic assets.
Responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Identifies, develops, fulfills marketing material opportunities and projects that support the objectives of all CABHI departments and/or programs/services and ensures materials adhere to CABHI's graphics standards
- Produces a diverse range of deliverables - reports, presentations, pitches, collateral, digital and offline graphic assets
- Stewardship of the CABHI brand portfolio and development of new brand standards as required
- Translates complex information into easy to digest graphic communications (e.g. images, infographics, charts, diagrams, animations)
- Manages design-forward projects from concept to execution
- Meets, discusses and identifies the requirements for each design item then works independently and/or with colleagues to bring to fruition
- Prepares, coordinates and ensures schedules, timelines, budget and outside vendor (e.g. printers, web designers) requirements are maintained for each project
- Books media as required and sees it through from start to finish (coordination at all stages and creation/ completion/approval of design).
Qualifications include but are not limited to:
- Relevant post secondary education in graphic design or a combination of education and experience
- A strong portfolio demonstrating conceptual thinking, breadth of projects, familiarity with multi media and execution of design
- 3 - 5 years' experience in a graphic design role (agency experience preferred)
- Photography, video creation/editing, illustration, printing process knowledge considered assets
- Experience in the healthcare and/or innovation sectors an asset
- Intermediate-level knowledge and use of Adobe Creative Suite, Microsoft Office (i.e. Photoshop, Acrobat, InDesign, Creative Cloud, PowerPoint, Word, Excel) and social media platforms
- Experience working with marketing and communications plans and executing on design deliverables
- Experience producing designs that are engaging, leading edge, raise awareness and compel action
- Experience designing to visually tell compelling and impactful human stories
- Experienced with emerging creative technologies and other platforms (Salesforce experience an asset)
- An energetic doer who can leverage information and produce exceptional design as part of a fast paced team
- Proactive, highly collaborative and supportive team player
- Highly organized, with ability to develop and manage projects and apply top-level, leading edge design principles and practices quickly
A solution accelerator for the aging and brain health sector, CABHI provides funding and support to innovators for the development, testing, and dissemination of new ideas and technologies that address unmet brain health and seniors' care needs. Established in 2015, it is the result of the largest investment in brain health and aging in Canadian history. CABHI is a unique collaboration of health care, science, industry, not-for-profit and government partners whose aim is to help improve quality of life for the world's aging population, allowing older adults to age safely in the setting of their choice while maintaining their cognitive, emotional, and physical well-being.
Connect with CABHI
Twitter | LinkedIn | Facebook | Newsletter | Website
Date Posted: June 13, 2022
Internal Closing Date: June 20, 2022
- Competitive salary and vacation
- Enrolment in the Healthcare of Ontario Pension Plan (?HOOPP?)
- Access to 24/7 Employee Assistance Program
JOIN OUR TEAM: Please submit your application online by clicking the Apply button below.
Remarkable people of Baycrest Health Sciences
are changing the future of brain health and aging.
Thank you for your interest in joining Baycrest. Only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
Baycrest is committed to providing accessible employment practices that are in compliance with the Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act (?AODA'). If you require accommodation for disability during any stage of the recruitment process, please notify Human Resources at via Isarta or 416-785-2500, ext. 2961.
All successful candidates will be required to complete a police reference check/vulnerable sector screen and submit proof of two doses of vaccination against COVID-19, unless exempt. Such exemptions will be considered on a case-by-case basis.