At Bosch Security and Safety Systems, we know that every career matters. With Canadian headquarters in Mississauga, Ontario, we are a leading global supplier of security, safety, and communications products and systems. Protecting lives, buildings and assets is the major aim.
Whether it's solutions that encompass the Internet of Things, artificial intelligence, or integrated and connected systems, we're designing the future of security. Known for our quality and reliability, our product portfolio includes video surveillance, intrusion detection, fire detection and voice evacuation systems as well as access control and management systems. Professional audio and conference systems for communication of voice, sound and music complete the range. Our team works closely with an extensive network of dealers and integrators to design solutions that maximize facility control, better mitigate risks and make systems easy to use and manage. Bosch systems are trusted by major retail, healthcare, technology, and energy companies, government agencies and in many other residential, commercial and industrial environments throughout the region.
We are an approximately $2 billion division of Bosch, a multinational engineering and electronics organization. Guided by the principles of our founder Robert Bosch, we offer a setting where social and environmental responsibility are part of our corporate DNA. Always mindful of our impact on the future, we are committed to sustainability, paying it forward, giving back, and lifelong learning. These are just a few of the reasons why our parent company has more than 400,000 associates and a legacy of success spanning 138+ years.
We offer the competitive compensation, career-development resources, and benefits you would expect of a world leader, including health, medical, and financial plans, work/life balance, and flexible work options.
This is your chance to shape tomorrow's world with Bosch Security and Safety Systems!
As an Inside Sales Representative ("ISR"), you are responsible for developing and maintaining excellent customer relationships through our Building Technologies product portfolio sales. This includes introducing, marketing, quoting and selling Bosch Security System products through outbound and inbound calls, with the objective to develop and close new business. You will be an integral part of the Canadian Sales Team, working in conjunction with our internal team and partners to enhance sales and knowledge of Bosch Security Video Products.
This role can be done remotely within Canada.
Sales activity will represent ~ 60-70% of the position. These efforts include:
- Outbound calls directed towards agreed upon accounts within a region for the purpose of growing sales in these accounts and achieving defined sales goals - will be expected to work regional time zones.
Proactively prospect territory for newly developed business relationships and opportunities.
- Conduct specific sales/product campaigns to win back inactive accounts.
- Identify decision makers among the targeted leads in order to initiate sales process.
- Determine prospect needs, requirements, and suggest appropriate solutions.
- Influence prospects to purchase, utilize or retain products and/or services.
- Appropriately position our products against the competition.
- Draw out, and seek to understand and overcome, customer objections.
- Provide error-free written product and price quotations (Request For Quote - RFQ) to our internal and external customers, along with follow-up on all existing quotes.
- Collaborate with your colleagues, cross-functionally, to support the sales process
- Achieve or exceed targets by selling solutions and developing positive relationships with our partners, distributors, and executive leadership
- Manage and update accounts within CRM
Regional partnership activities involve:
- Working with the Director of Sales to implement action plans
- Tracking the participation of dealers in promotional and demo programs
- Reviewing territory progress, and conducting annual dealer stratification
- Training new regional team members on sales programs and procedure
- Reviewing and processing Product Spiffs, MDF, and Co-op
- Helping to resolve dealer / distribution invoice price discrepancies
High school diploma or GED is required; an Associate's degree in Business or a technical discipline is preferred.
As a qualified ISR, you bring a minimum of three years of pre-sales, customer service or inside sales experience, preferably selling technology products.
Working knowledge of Security Systems products, in particular video products and systems, access, fire, intrusion and/or communications products (critical communications, public address, and/or professional audio) is desirable.
Additionally, you have:
- Bilingual in English/French considered a strong asset
- Excellent computer skills, specifically MS Word, PowerPoint, Excel and Outlook
- SAP experience is preferred.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills.
- Effective presentation skills are necessary.
- Professional telephone etiquette.
- Ability to handle stressful situations in an efficient, professional manner.
- Demonstrate an aptitude for understanding the applicable technology, and be comfortable with continuous learning and conveying the products in a rapidly evolving industry.
- Ability to support a team approach to satisfy sales goals and to assure 100% customer satisfaction.
- Mature, confident, reliable, and eager to learn.
- Proactive, high reaching self-starter with the ability to build positive relationships and prioritize shifting demands.
- Ability to show agility and flexibility to the needs of the changing environment on a day-to-day basis.
- Ability to travel to local trade shows and the US approx 2-3 times per year.
By choice, we are committed to a diverse workforce and are an equal opportunity employer. Robert Bosch welcomes and encourages applications from people with disabilities. Accommodations are available on request for candidates taking part in the selection process.
BOSCH is a proud supporter of STEM (Science, Technology, Engineering & Mathematics) Initiatives