In this role, you will be responsible for the maintenance of the overall administration of WDO.org and keep its content and design fresh, backed up, and functional. You will also craft and update content on our digital platforms in alignment with WDO’s strategic objectives. You will work cooperatively with key team members, freelancers and contributors to ensure that we maintain a strong and consistent presence on our digital channels, including the website, email campaigns and select social media platforms (Twitter, Facebook, LinkedIn and YouTube) and will share content through original and relevant third party websites and newsletters.
This role is also responsible for graphic design related to WDO’s programme support.
While we have a hybrid remote work environment, the ideal candidate is available for monthly in-person meetings at the WDO’s secretariat office is located in Montreal (Canada).
- Maintain and update website by integrating digital content provided, as well as draft original copy where required
- Implement website development alongside external agency and troubleshoot issues as they arise
- Collaborate in the development of a web strategy
- Keep current with emerging web technologies
- Assure web-based information is archived for future needs and reference
- Track and report on all site metrics.
Online content development and social media
- Working with a cross-departmental team, maintain the master content calendar for all online properties
- Develop and maintain a social media strategy that connects with our audiences, raises our digital profile and enhances brand perception
- Maintain a consistent look and feel throughout web and social media channels
- Conceptualize and create eye-catching, exciting and engaging digital content for website, social media and other digital communications such as electronic newsletters, email campaigns and online outreach campaigns
- Copyedit, approve and schedule all social media content
- Develop and maintain style guidelines for website content
- Coordinate web projects and social media campaigns across programmes
- Engage through social media to comments and posts, responding to all concerns and providing positive feedback on Facebook, Twitter and Instagram
- Monitor analytics and adjust social media strategy accordingly
- Share best practices and advise other staff and internal stakeholders with respect to use of social media.
- Conceptualize and produce graphic design content for print or digital use, such as PowerPoint/Keynote presentations, project reports, infographics, and event branding.
- Educate and update other staff and brand stakeholders with respect to brand assets and guidelines, including for graphic elements of the WDO logo, email signatures, colour families and overall consistency of WDO’S brands.
Qualifications, required skills and competencies
- DEC in Graphic Design
- +5 years experience in graphic design, web design or in similar position
- Advanced knowledge of Adobe Creative Cloud (Photoshop, Illustrator, InDesign)
- Solid knowledge of Mac Office (Word, Excel, PowerPoint)
- Experience with Keynote an asset
- At least 2 years experience in managing email campaigns and lists through marketing automation tools such as MailChimp, Constant Contact or similar
- Advanced knowledge of HTML and CSS, and experience within a Wordpress CMS environment (ability to use Visual Composer, Elementor and Divi a major asset)
- Well versed in managing Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, YouTube, LinkedIn and social media management platforms such as Hootsuite, FeedLink, Meta Business, Later.com
- Advanced knowledge of Google suite
- Experience with Google Analytics and grasp of SEO concepts
- Knowledgeable in production processes involved in the creation of a wide variety of marketing materials
- Perfect command of the English language
- Exceptional interpersonal and communication skills and ability to interact and collaborate effectively with diverse stakeholder groups
- Good organizational skills including the ability to prioritize is a must, as well as demonstrated ability to take initiative and work autonomously and as a team member
- Ability to manage multiple projects in a fast-paced, deadline driven environment
- General understanding of boundaries and cultural dynamics of an international audience on social media
- Experience in solving technical computer issues an asset but not required
- Demonstrated problem-solving and analytical skills
- Demonstrated strategic thinking, analytical skills and attention to detail, with a commitment to high standards.
This is a full-time, permanent position offering a salary range between $40,000 - $50,000 CAD (based on experience).
How to apply
Please submit a cover letter and a resume by Friday, 22 July 2022. Only those considered for an interview will be contacted. Interviews will be held in August with the intent to commence in September 2022.