Walker Environmental Group
Walker Environmental, a division of Walker Industries, is a leading resource recovery and waste management company. The company owns and operates landfills, waste transfer and haulage facilities, Biosolids processing plants, composting facilities, food/residual organic processing facilities and landfill gas renewable energy projects throughout Canada. Our product brands, created from the recovery of resources often considered waste, include N-Rich®, All Treat Farms® and Gro-Bark®.
Reporting directly to the Vice President of Resource Recovery, the Administrative Assistant will be coordinating a variety of administrative duties to directly support the two divisional Vice Presidents and GM of Energy, as well as the senior management team at Walker Environmental Group more broadly. This will include using software to produce reports and letters, maintaining the VP's email inbox, assisting with the preparation and disbursement of expense reports and attending meetings upon request.
Your responsibilities will include:
- Utilizing advanced software skills to produce reports, letters, documents and other administrative duties.
- Maintaining the VP's inbox and the contact lists and calendars of the VPs/GM by checking emails, updating contacts as required, scheduling corporate meetings and arranging appointments with internal staff and external visitors to optimize use of time.
- Receiving, sorting and prioritizing mail, taking notice of required actions and due dates to ensure timeliness of responses and required actions.
- Arranging and confirming travel reservations on behalf of the VPs/GM and SMT as required, paying attention to time and cost effectiveness.
- Assisting with the preparation and disbursement of the VPs expense reports.
- Providing administrative support and other duties as assigned by the Senior Management Team.
- Attending meetings and keeping notes and records as required.
- Assisting with the preparation of reports, presentations and financial documents.
- Assisting with the management of the divisional email.
- Assisting with the sorting of mail and packages, and arranging courier pick up and deliveries.
- Representing the VP as the external liaison.
Your success in this role will be a direct result of your excellent organizational, communication and multitasking skills. You're able to juggle multiple competing priorities with ease, and understand how to prioritize based on urgency and deadlines. With your keen attention to detail and ability to work well under pressure, you'll be an instrumental member of our team.
This is a full-time permanent position working at our Walker Environmental head office in Niagara Falls, ON. We offer a competitive salary, benefits and a company pension plan.
- Minimum college graduation, with a diploma in office administration or equivalent considered an asset.
- 1-2 years of administrative and/or business experience.
- Advanced computer software skills (i.e. MS Word, PowerPoint, Excel, Oracle) to efficiently and effectively produce reports and provide administrative support as necessary.
- Developed problem solving skills to analyze problems and formulate a plan of action.
- Able to work with limited supervision.
- Communicates with clarity, verbally and in one on one or group situations, or over the telephone
- Capacity to follow directives and fulfill requests.
- Anticipates and initiates actions to meet needs.
Working at Walker Industries
Established in 1887, we are proud to be a fifth-generation, family-owned, Canadian company. Our group of companies includes aggregates, paving & construction, emulsions, energy and environmental waste & recycling solutions. We are known for our philanthropy and ?above and beyond' service to our customers and communities.
Walker is a North American company, and wherever we operate, and across every part of our business, we strive to create an inclusive environment, which embraces difference and fosters inclusion. We believe that valuing diversity, equity and inclusiveness enables us to achieve our vision; building a sustainable future, together.
There's a lot more we're proud of too.
We're proud to be growing, serving more customers and providing more jobs across Canada and the USA.
We're proud of our environmental stewardship - turning waste into useful products and energy and working to the highest standards of disposal.
We're proud to use the best tools and technology in the business - serving our customers well and keeping our employees safe.
And we're proud of an awesome people-first culture. Working here means being part of a team - not a cog in a machine - and even in regional offices we feel valued, autonomous, and central to the action. Everyone at Walker has a voice.
How to Apply:
Our online application will give you the option to apply to this role as a complete candidate - not just a resume. The application will assess your qualifications, personality traits and workplace preferences, and should take roughly 10 minutes to complete. You can get a copy of your assessment when you're done by logging back into the application tool.
We value diversity and inclusion and encourage all qualified people to apply. If we can make this easier through accommodation in the recruitment process, please contact us with the ?Need Help? button in the application.
We will review applications, with priority given to those who have completed the assessment, as they are received and look forward to hearing from you.