Job Description :
EVENT & ENGAGEMENT COORDINATOR
WORK-INTEGRATED LEARNING AND CAREER EDUCATION CENTRE
NorQuesters are difference makers and we're searching for an individual dedicated to making a difference to join our Work-Integrated Learning and Career Education Centre (WILCEC) team as an Event & Engagement Coordinator. The successful candidate will passionately develop relationships with industry and employer-partners; compassionately provide opportunities for student growth and networking; dependably plan and facilitate WILCEC events, engaging employer-partners, students, and the Centre team; and, enthusiastically lead from where they are to find ways forward with innovative ideas, approaches, and processes.
This position contributes to the success of the NorQuest WILCEC by engaging learners, industry stakeholders, and internal stakeholders with WILCEC events, micro-Work-Integrated Learning (WIL), and employment opportunities. The Event & Engagement Coordinator is responsible for planning, recruiting, facilitating, and marketing external and internal events and engagement opportunities, including on-campus recruiting, career fairs, and WILCEC events. This position represents WILCEC and NorQuest to employer-partners, other PSIs, and students; and develops and maintains relationships with external stakeholders to increase career and WIL opportunities for students and alumni.
HOW YOU'LL MAKE A DIFFERENCE
Develop, plan, organize, schedule, and operationalize WILCEC events to promote connection between students and industry, including on campus recruitment and industry connection events.
- Recruit, develop, and strengthen relationships with employer-partners to increase engagement in micro-WIL, hiring NorQuest students, and participation in events.
- Engage all stakeholders: students, NorQuest staff, event volunteers, guest speakers, and employer-partners to facilitate mutually beneficial career development events & opportunities.
- Engage student in events: promote and market events and opportunities to students and alumni.
- Oversee WILCEC's Job Board to create employment and volunteer opportunities for students are recent graduates, engage and promote to students and employer-partners.
- Gather event feedback and prepare reports on event successes and challenges to ensure continuous improvement.
- Collaborate with WILCEC Leadership to start small and think big to find ways forward.
- Develop students' workforce relevance by connecting students with industry and providing opportunities for skill development and networking.
WHAT YOU BRING
A degree in business, project management, management, marketing, or relevant field; equivalent experience may be considered.
- 3+ years' of experience in relationship-building and event coordination; post-secondary experience or hiring/recruitment experience an asset.
- Communications, marketing and/or digital media design experience an asset.
- Experience developing new relationships and maintaining existing relationships.
- Experience hosting events in virtual and in-person environments, with strong creativity and passion for designing engaging events.
- Excellent project management and organizational skills.
- High level of professionalism to represent NorQuest brand externally.
- Self-motivated, with strong interpersonal skills and ability to collaborate.
- Willingness and ability to travel to employer locations.
- Strong knowledge of employment strategies, labour markets, and business community.
- A willingness to support your team, employer-partners, and other stakeholders.
WHAT MAKES YOU A DIFFERENCE MAKER?
As a difference maker you bring:
- Creativity, innovation, and the willingness to be bold and share ideas to support student success and other stakeholder needs.
- Excellent communication and professionalism skills to promote opportunities, engage with stakeholders, and have honest conversations with students and team members.
- Ideas for new and exciting ways to engage stakeholders in events.
- Flexibility and the ability to lead from where you are as an integral team member.
- Recognition that we > they and that all initiatives support the Centre and college.
SALARY: $2,306 - $2,995 biweekly ($59,974 - $77,877 annually) reflective upon what you bring AKA your education and experience. This is a full-time term position to June 30, 2023 with immediate access to vacation days and our great benefit programs.
COMPETITION NUMBER: 2022-3512
CLOSING DATE: July 12, 2022
APPLY TO BECOME A NORQUESTER: If this opportunity delights you and your expertise will shine in this role, we invite you to apply for this position online by uploading your resume and cover letter combined as one document.
PSST: Only candidates shortlisted for an interview will be contacted and we'll make sure to do this within 28 days of the closing date.
Difference Makers. If we were to describe what NorQuest College is, we'd say these two words. We are so fundamentally driven in our mission to make a difference to our students, our community, and to our fellow NorQuesters, that it guides what we do, who we meet, and where we are headed.
So how do we make differences?
We empower NorQuesters. When it comes to working, it's up to you to decide where (on campus or from another location) and how you work. NorQuesters are expected to embody our Qs-lead from where you are, be dependable, find ways forward-to name a few, but how you do that is your choice!
We unlock potential. Whether its newcomers to Canada who want to improve their English, students who want to complete their academic upgrading, learners pursuing post-secondary education, or anyone who wishes to strengthen their skills through professional development, our passion to educate touches people of all levels and all backgrounds.
We strengthen Alberta. From our graduates who hit the ground running, to our partnerships with government, industry, and business, to our commitment to communities, including a dedicated focus on Indigenous communities, we contribute to our province and make it stronger. We strive to be an employer of choice for First Nations, Metis and Inuit people in Canada by leading, supporting, and being an ally through our work toward decolonization, reconciliation, and Indigenization.
And that's a snapshot of how we are Difference Makers. But there's so much more to us and we invite you to explore further!