Brandt is currently seeking a Service Writer for our Red Deer, AB location.
This position is responsible for assisting the service manager in maintaining accurate and on-time reports and records relative to the Service Department's operation.
Duties & Responsibilities
- Fields internal and external customer inquiries to the Service Department
- Opens work orders as directed by the Service Manager/Shop Foreman and maintains control until they are closed and invoiced
- Maintains the service library with current information (for example, files bulletins, manuals, multi-media, etc.) under the direct supervision of the Service Manager
- Maintains Service Department filing and records
- Updates customer profiles using equipment, hours, or other information from the customer work orders
- Maintains accessories and supplies and prepares replacement orders
- May prepare Service Technician efficiency reports
- May process warranty and/or product improvement claims including the computation of charges, submission and follow-up
- Knowledge of office procedures
- General understanding of mechanical/technical terms is preferred
- Basic knowledge of accounting practices
- Experience with and ability to use standard desktop load applications such as Microsoft Office and internet functions
- High School Diploma or equivalent experience