We’re looking for a creative person with strong writing skills and preferably some graphic design skills to join our team. Through text, photos and videos, you will create communications content for media and social media that shines a light on the incredible people and teams of the MUHC. This is a chance to join a great organization and develop your skills in many aspects of public relations.
Under the direction of the MUHC's Associate Director of Communications, you will define, evaluate, develop and implement communications strategies and tools to promote MUHC activities to the general public and the media, and to raise the profile of the MUHC's expertise locally and internationally. You will also implement internal communication initiatives to inform and engage staff in the values and policies of the organization, and to build commitment and strengthen ties within MUHC communities.
- 50% Internal and external written communication in English and French
- 50% Participation in the development and implementation of media and external strategies (social media and website) to achieve MUHC objectives
- Bachelor's degree in journalism, communications, humanities, social sciences or other appropriate academic disciplines.
- Two (2) years of relevant and recent experience in communications or related field, preferably in journalism or media relations
- Excellent command of French and English, spoken and written
- Excellent writing skills, able to synthesize information and to simplify scientific language
- Experience in photo and video (recording and editing videos, taking and editing photos) and graphic design
- Good command of Microsoft Office suite
- Familiarity with web and multimedia production
- Ability to communicate and interact effectively with a variety of individuals and organizations
- Capacity to advise clients, synthesize information, work autonomously and efficiently
- Critical analysis
Equal Employment Opportunity Program
The MUHC applies an equal access employment program and invites women, Aboriginal people, visible minorities, ethnic minorities and people with disabilities to apply. Adaptation measures can be offered to persons with disabilities who request them based on their needs.