Please note: This position is primarily remote, the successful incumbent must be located in Canada and be able to access one of our locations. You may be required to come on-site for meetings or phone/computer maintenance.
Job category: Administrative
Job posting ID: 3223
Employment status: Regular full-time
Classification: ASO/IT A
Salary/Rate of pay: $46,800 to $52,250
Application deadline: 2022-07-03
Somewhere in Canada there's a life you can save.
Be part of a dynamic, collaborative and caring organization committed to saving and improving the lives of Canadians. Thousands of Canadians depend on us every day for reliable access to blood, plasma, stem cells and organs and tissues.
Join Canada's Lifeline and make a meaningful difference every day.
About the role
Canadian Blood Services is looking for a Regular full-time Senior Administrative Assistant to join our dynamic Innovation & Portfolio Management team. The work of a Senior Administrative Assistant is integral to Canadian Blood Services role as Canada's Lifeline.
In this role, In this role, you will be responsible for contributing to the effective daily operation of the Innovation & Portfolio Management department, which may encompass diverse programs or functional areas, by providing administrative support to the Senior Medical Director and, as required, Associate Directors, of the department.
Prepares correspondence and various documents such as reports, presentations, meeting agendas and minutes by gathering, organizing and selecting appropriate formats and graphics for the presentation of information in accordance with standards, policies, procedures and regulatory requirements, to support the work of the unit.
- Creates and maintains databases, tracking systems, financial tools using spread sheets and other database applications to produce reports and provide data as required.
- Coordinates workflow/office activities, resolves administrative problems, creates new and improves existing processes and procedures, arranges meetings including event logistics and schedules appointments, makes travel arrangements, and assists with special projects and other events to facilitate the smooth operation of the unit.
- Regularly deals with the administration of confidential employee data and employee relations matters involving performance issues, restructuring initiatives, budgetary exercises and so on.
- Greets and assists visitors by providing and exchanging information that requires a thorough understanding of the interrelationships of people and functions within the group, monitors and deals with incoming and outgoing communications as appropriate to provide effective customer service to internal and external clients at all levels and to co-workers.
- Completes and/or processes travel expenses, invoices, purchase orders and/or other financial documents by recording and entering data and investigating discrepancies as required, to track expenditures and verify that budget transactions and timekeeping entries are correctly recorded.
- Performs other administrative duties such as maintaining various records and files, ordering office supplies, photocopying, scanning and preparing materials for distribution to support the work of the unit.
- Performs other related duties as required.
Post-secondary level education, preferably a two-year diploma in Office Administration.
- Minimum of three years of related office or administrative experience at a senior level.
- An equivalent combination of education, training and experience may be considered.
- Thorough knowledge of office routines and protocol.
- Communication skills to discuss sensitive information requiring tact and discretion and to exchange information in English are essential.
- Computer literacy is essential, with proficiency in the following software packages desired: SharePoint, Outlook, Word, Excel, PowerPoint and Visio. Working knowledge of Concur and SAP is also an asset.
- Ability to take direction from numerous people and work in a team environment.
- Strong organizational and time management skills.
- Ability to work independently with minimal supervision.
- Competitive base salary range
- 3 weeks paid vacation to start
- Performance award opportunity up to 5%
- Comprehensive group health, dental and vision benefits
- Choice of defined contribution or defined benefits pension plan
- Employee discounts, wellness programs and professional advancement opportunities
Diversity and inclusion play a vital role in ensuring health equity for patients across Canada. We are committed to reflecting Canada's population in our organization and fostering an environment where all employees can be their authentic selves, with equal opportunities to succeed and contribute.
To protect the health and safety of its employees, all Canadian Blood Services' employees are required to be fully vaccinated (COVID-19 vaccine doses as approved by Health Canada), subject to any medical or other human rights grounds.
If this role resonates with you, we encourage you to apply! This could be your first step towards a meaningful and inspiring career. Come to work each day knowing that you save lives.
We thank all applicants for their interest. However, only those considered for an interview or those invited to participate in an assessment (such as testing) will be contacted. Applicants who require accommodation should discuss their needs with us.