Date Posted: 06/24/2022
Req ID: 25396
Faculty/Division: Faculty of Applied Science & Engineering
Department: Department of Electrical & Computer Engineering
Campus: St. George (Downtown Toronto)
Position Number: 00040210
The Edward S. Rogers Sr. Department of Electrical & Computer Engineering is Canada's top-ranked ECE department, and one of the largest. We are home to 100 active and Emeritus professors, more than 1,400 undergraduate and 600 graduate students. Many of our faculty members are world leaders in their field and have been recognized as the brightest and most promising scientists and engineers across the country.
ECE is a hotbed of research commercialization, by far the most productive department for new inventions at the University of Toronto. In our department, you will work at the heart of the most rapidly developing technology humankind has ever seen.
Under the supervision of the External Relations Manager, the incumbent will work as part of a team and will play an essential role in the planning, execution, and evaluation of innovative events that support and enhance teaching and research activities at The Edward S. Rogers Sr. Department of Electrical & Computer Engineering. You will contribute to virtual and in-person events and initiatives that foster positive relationships with internal and external stakeholders. Your client-focused approach, attention to detail, and strong event coordination and communication skills, will help ensure our vision is implemented through a number of key department events.
Your responsibilities will include:
Analyzing client needs and making recommendations on event logistics and options
- Determining logistical details and activities for events and/or programming
- Coordinating the schedule for program and event calendars
- Acting as the first point of contact for event enquiries
- Liaising with clients and vendors to resolve minor complaints and address issues
- Coordinating scheduled activities for functions
- Conducting post-event evaluation, analysis and recommendations for changes
- Directing the work of volunteers in defined activities
Bachelor's Degree in Communications, English or an equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Minimum three years of related experience in a combination of coordinating events and providing front-line administrative support.
- Demonstrated experience coordinating logistics for in-person and virtual events.
- Demonstrated experience with enterprise video communication platforms (e.g. Zoom, MS Teams).
- Experience preparing event materials, including editing content for style and tone (e.g. surveys, invitations, itineraries, etc.).
- Experience working with WordPress or equivalent digital publication platforms.
- Demonstrated experience conducting post-event evaluations and analysis, and generating reports.
- Experience managing databases and maintaining data in secure settings (e.g. mailing, contact and registration lists).
- Experience coordinating meeting schedules, agendas, materials, action and follow-up items.
- Excellent writing and proofreading skills
- Proficient computer skills including Microsoft Office suite (Word, Excel, Outlook, PowerPoint), as well as Adobe Photoshop and InDesign.
- Ability to work effectively individually and within a team environment while coordinating tasks and events showing creativity, initiative and strong judgement.
- Exceptional decision making, problem solving and time management skills as well as excellent attention to detail.
- Strong organizational skills including the ability to balance competing priorities and work under pressure to speci?c deadlines.
- Professional demeanor with a strong customer service orientation.
- Demonstrated tact and discretion with ability to maintain confidentiality.
To be successful in this role you will be:
- Problem solver
- Team player
Note: This is a term position ending October 2023.
Closing Date: 07/07/2022, 11:59PM ET
Employee Group: USW
Appointment Type: Budget - Term
Pay Scale Group & Hiring Zone:
USW Pay Band 09 - $59,412 with an annual step progression to a maximum of $75,979. Pay scale and job class assignment is subject to determination pursuant to the Job Evaluation/Pay Equity Maintenance Protocol.
Job Category: Hospitality
Lived Experience Statement
Candidates who are members of Indigenous, Black, racialized and 2SLGBTQ+ communities, persons with disabilities, and other equity deserving groups are encouraged to apply, and their lived experience shall be taken into consideration as applicable to the posted position.