Fundraising and Events Manager
Fundraising and Events Manager
Reporting to the Director of Development, the Fundraising and Events Manager, for a large portion of the year, works closely with the Sports Dinner Event Director to successfully organize and execute the JCC Sports Dinner. They also work to identify, research and cultivate potential donors and support the Director of Development with other fundraising projects as required, including database management, input and report generation.
F/T Permanent: $60,000-65,000/year
- Works closely with the Sports Dinner Event Director to successfully organize and execute the JCC Sports Dinner
- Manage all aspects of the Sports Dinner Live and Silent Auction including liaising with committee members and donors, managing all winner experience logistics, winner and donor stewardship, gaming license(s) and relevant production needs. Manage Sports Dinner Silent Auction bidding platform and gaming license(s) including the procurement of all silent auction items.
- Oversee all auction-related marketing, generate copy and assets; oversee administrative assistant for procurement, copy editing/writing and asset collection as needed.
- Manage Sports Dinner In-Kind donation solicitation, contracts and stewardship optimizing opportunities for marketing and promotion.
- Manage Sports Dinner Raffle and Gaming Management including prize procurement, promotion, gaming licenses, overseeing ticket sales and winner communication. Oversee administrative assistant for helpline and accounting concerns.
- Assist the Sports Dinner Event Director and marketing professional with event social media, advertising and marketing, directly oversee and generate promotional content as needed from gaming and auction social media posts, eblasts, newsletters and other marketing outlets.
- Support the Director of Development with Fund in Need messaging, promotion and event implementation.
- Coordinate Sports Dinner committee meetings
- Oversee the volunteer coordination for the Sports Dinner event
- Assist Sports Dinner Event Director with event production and supervise/generate auction and gaming production elements as needed.
- Support the Director of Development with donor database maintenance, input and report generation. and other fundraising projects as required.
- Manage and issue tax receipts
- Support the Director of Development with identification, research and cultivation of prospects and donors.
- Support other fundraising projects as required.
- Five (5) years of proven successful fundraising event management and partnerships, a minimum two (2) years in a leadership role
- Post-secondary education or training in event coordination or fundraising would be ideal
- Excellent project management, implementation and evaluation skills
- Innovative and entrepreneurial in seeking out partnership opportunities
- Strong written and verbal communication
- Create, track and manage event budgets
- Experience in volunteer management
- Effective relationship builder particularly with staff, vendors, donors, and partners
- Flexibility with work schedule to allow for some meetings and events that may be held outside of normal working hours (early mornings, evenings and weekends)
- Highly adept in Microsoft Office (Outlook, Word, Excel and PowerPoint) and google docs, event platforms (Givergy, Trellis, Clickbid and other),
- Adept at donor database software (Etapestry, Raisers Edge, RENXT or other fundraising databases).
- A valid driver's license and access to a car for out-of-office appointments is an asset
How to apply