Reporting to the Manager, Marketing, Multimedia Specialist will develop persuasive content that brings McGill’s strategic priorities to life. Plan, organize and oversee the development of a variety of multimedia content for use in marketing campaigns. Will collaborate with McGill’s creative teams to create captivating and dynamic multimedia experiences across email, web and digital advertising channels.
- Develop interactive multimedia content, including marketing emails, websites and digital ads, in collaboration with copywriters and graphic designers.
- Create engaging, creative videos for a variety of digital communications vehicles in collaboration with video producers.
- Plan, organize and direct photography and videography shoots.
- Develop storyboards, scripts and interview questions; provide video editing direction.
- Conduct research, including finding students, staff and alumni to profile, in order to create content that is on brand.
- Conduct interviews in a manner that puts the subject at ease and gets the information and perspectives needed for a great story.
- Suggest ideas and stories to help execute McGill’s strategic marketing plan.
- Collaborate with the Associate Director, Marketing in the development, execution and continuous improvement of the strategic marketing plan.
- May shoot and edit informal videos for use on social media and offer guidance on this to University communicators.
- Keep up to date on and apply best practices in multimedia content production.
- Monitor the effectiveness of created content and adjust practices to improve performance
Other Qualifying Skills and/or Abilities
Fluency in English and French, spoken and written. Ability to collaborate effectively with clients and colleagues, and to guide the work of video producers, photographers and designers. Experience with pitching multimedia content, scriptwriting and storyboarding. Familiarity with video editing techniques and multimedia trends. Knowledge of digital design and HTML/CSS an asset. Attention to detail and accuracy. Above all, the Specialist will be a skilled and entertaining storyteller. This position is hybrid home/campus friendly.