Wolseley Canada requires new employees to be fully vaccinated for COVID-19 as defined by Health Canada, subject to applicable, verified accommodation requests.
As the world's number one distributor of heating, plumbing, industrial, and waterworks supplies, we know that talented people are essential to maintaining our success in the future.
Wolseley Canada offers many challenging and diverse career opportunities in our local branch networks and throughout our Regional and Corporate offices across Canada.
We are driven to achieve results, collaborate with each other to determine the best course of action, hold ourselves accountable at all times and demonstrate resilience when new challenges come our way.
Does this sound like you? Do you want to make a difference and grow your career? If so, then come join our talented and high performing team.
Our Inside Sales position is a crucial member of our inside team. You have the privilege of building strong relationships with each customer and are the primary contact for placing orders for delivery. You work closely with our Outside Sales Team and Warehouse team to ensure deliveries are both executed and communicated properly to everyone involved in the shipping process.
What's in it for you?
- Regular business hours Monday to Friday
- Comprehensive benefits with premiums fully paid for by the company for the ?Core? package starting the first day of employment.
- Career development and training opportunities
- Life insurance, disability and wellness program
- Retirement savings programs including RRSP and DC pension with up to 5.25% employer contribution
- Paid vacation and sick time and day off on your birthday!
- Bonus programs that include annual performance and profit sharing
- Employee discounts on top brands of plumbing and HVAC/R products
- Education reimbursement for employees
- Employee referral program
- Safety shoe reimbursement
What you will do:
- Responsible for completing the order process which includes offering pricing terms according to established margins; sourcing of additional products; and generating sales orders.
- Enter quotations and orders into the system with accuracy in a timely manner.
- Provide customers with accurate pricing, inventory, and specific delivery information.
- Build and maintain relationships with new and existing customers by phone or email with the intention of cultivating additional business.
- Prepare quotations and process orders on behalf of outside sales staff.
- Respond to customers' requests and inquiries in a timely manner.
- Achieve sales targets and objectives as set out by Management by promoting and or upselling products.
- Adhere to company safety policies and regulations
What you will bring:
- Post-Secondary Education in Business Administration, Civil Engineering Technology or a related discipline considered an asset
- General computer skills including Microsoft Office required, knowledge of AS400 system would be an asset.
- High level of commitment to exceptional customer service.
- Demonstrated initiative with the ability to work independently as well as in a collaborative team-based environment.
- Highly organized in prioritizing work and multi-tasking on a regular basis
- Fluency in both French and English considered an asset.