Join a global professional services leader. We are committed to solving the world's biggest challenges in the areas of water, energy and urbanization.
We are currently looking for an intermediate Administrative Assistant/Word Processor to join our Ontario Administration team. This position is located in our Waterloo Office.
- Document product including typing, formatting, and revisions of reports and general correspondence based on preset templates and styles. Working in Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Adobe, and creating bookmarked PDF documents.
- Ensuring all documents are filed electronically; ensuring all outgoing products meets company standards.
- Comfortable working independently and as part of a team.
- Working under multiple deadlines and communicating with employees, supervisors, and branch office employees on a regular basis.
Skills, Experience and Competencies:
- Grade 12 diploma; secretarial certificate/diploma considered an asset.
- Ability to carry out tasks independently if necessary; general knowledge working with various correspondence including: reports, tables, letters, memos and Adobe.
- Advanced knowledge of Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, Power Point, Acrobat Writer).
- Advanced experience creating accessible (AODA) documents in Office 365 products
- Training Experience, preferred.
- Strong command of the English language, grammar, written and verbal, is required.
- Independently driven with the ability to make independent decisions on various aspects of document production.
- Effective problem solving skills.
- Excellent prioritization and multi-tasking skills are required.
- Some flexibility regarding work hours is needed.
As a diverse and inclusive organization, we encourage individual achievement and recognize the strength of a diverse workforce. GHD is an equal opportunity employer. Upon request, GHD will provide reasonable accommodation for applicants with disabilities throughout the recruitment and selection process.
Being the best we can be is in our culture.
We are a family of smart, innovative and creative problem solvers. In our employee-owned company, everything feels like it matters more. Challenge us and help us come up with new solutions to ensure water, energy and urbanisation are made sustainable for generations to come.
Our commitment to you
Commitment is a powerful word that defines how we do business, how we serve our clients and how we care for one another. We will support your needs by giving you the tools to do your best work and then recognise achievements. We will set your curiosity free to allow brilliant minds to do their best work. We will invest in new ideas, removing barriers where we can. Finally, we will encourage you to collaborate with thousands of diverse people across our global business.
Who we are
We are committed to solving the world's biggest challenges in the areas of water, energy and urbanisation. GHD is a global professional services company that is a leader in engineering, construction and architectural expertise. Established in 1928, we remain wholly owned by our people. We are 10,000+ diverse and skilled individuals, yet we are proudly ?One GHD' across more than 200 offices, spanning five continents - Asia, Australia, Europe, North and South America, and the Pacific region. Delivering extraordinary social and economic outcomes, we are passionate about building lasting relationships with our partners and clients.
Covid Vaccine Position Statement
In response to the evolving Covid-19 pandemic, GHD has established an Operating Procedure confirming it will comply with vaccination requirements for any work which is subject to either (i) municipal, provincial, or federal government mandates or (ii) client requirements which require vaccination to perform such work, either on a client site or any workplace (?Work Requiring Vaccination?). To the extent allowed by law, GHD employees performing Work Requiring Vaccination will be required to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 and may be required to show proof of vaccination prior to engaging in this work. GHD will consider reasonable accommodation requests in the event you are unable to be vaccinated on the basis of a protected ground under applicable human rights legislation.