Talent Acquisition Coordinator
Reporting to the Lead, Corporate Recruitment, the Talent Acquisition Coordinator will support our Digital Talent Hub (DTH) recruitment team to handle full-cycle recruitment of both technical and non-technical, professional and high-skill roles. In addition, the successful candidate will handle the organization and setup of in-person special events including career fairs, hackathons, industry events; use our Applicant Tracking System to provide weekly and ad hoc performance reports.
This is a meaningful role on our team that will be a blend of HR coordination, full-cycle recruitment, event organization and workforce analysis. Applying an outstanding and innovative stack of cloud and AI-based collaboration and HR tools, the successful candidate plays an integral role in helping Teck meet our adventurous and niche hiring targets.
- Work collaboratively and act as an intermediary between: DTH, hiring managers, Procurement, Project Management Office, agency partners
- Provide administrative and organizational support of all recruitment activities related to screening, scheduling, hiring and onboarding candidates
- Drive organizational recruitment efficiency by ensuring all recruitment processes and technologies are working towards maximum efficiency and standard methodologies.
- Ensure internal compliance checklists are completed with all new hires and perform periodic audits with results shared to our agency partners and team members
- Provide training to hiring managers & team members on interviewing, process and tools.
- Helping to build end-to-end recruiting and interview processes in partnership with hiring managers for all roles
- Ensuring an outstanding candidate experience and living our core values in all interactions with our candidates
- Assembling feedback from candidates and new hires through surveys and recommending changes to improve our Net Promoter Score (NPS)
- Promote the Agile way of working: look for ways to strengthen team's understanding of Agile principles / facilitate scrum ceremonies
- Track performance metrics and provide regular reports to share in weekly and monthly leadership updates
- Business Administration Diploma or a combination of education and experience; HR background is preferred
- 1 year of experience working in a fast-paced recruitment environment including: coordinating interviews, screening candidates, providing detailed rejection notices, organizing events etc.
- 3-6 months of full-cycle recruitment or candidate sourcing is beneficial
- Ability to maintain a high level of confidentiality and exercise discretion, judgment, and diplomacy
- Experience with proactive discovery calls with candidates, referrals, and implementing online search and research techniques
- Solid verbal and written communication skills with the ability to convey urgency, diplomacy and action
- Excellent organization and interpersonal skills
- High-energy and positivity with an inherent ability to easily establish, and quickly build confidence and rapport with candidates and hiring managers at all levels
Successful candidates must be fully vaccinated against infection by COVID-19. Candidates who are unable to be vaccinated due to a personal characteristic protected under applicable human rights legislation may request to be exempt from this requirement. We will do our best to accommodate those who are unable to be vaccinated.
At Teck, we value diversity. Our teams work collaboratively and respect each person's unique perspective and contribution.
We wish to thank all applicants for their interest and effort in applying for the position; however, only candidates selected for interviews will be contacted.
Teck is a diversified resource company committed to responsible mining and mineral development with major business units focused on copper, steelmaking coal, zinc and energy. Headquartered in Vancouver, Canada, its shares are listed on the Toronto Stock Exchange under the symbols TECK.A and TECK.B and the New York Stock Exchange under the symbol TECK.
The pursuit of sustainability guides Teck's approach to business. Teck is building partnerships and capacity to confront sustainability challenges within the regions in which it operates and at the global level. In 2018, Teck was named to the Dow Jones Sustainability World Index (DJSI) for the ninth straight year, indicating that Teck's sustainability practices rank in the top 10 per cent of the world's 2,500 largest public companies in the S&P Global Broad Market Index.