Senior Finance Manager, Marketing & Total Experience
#WeAreEA and we exist to inspire the world to play. EA values creativity, pioneering, passion, determination, learning, and teamwork. We mean things like acting with curiosity, speaking up with original ideas, and committing to each other as one team.
We're looking for all the best kinds of people to make great experiences for our players. and inspires them while giving them room to enjoy their lives. And we want to give them that. We celebrate diversity and inclusion by creating a place where you can come to work and be yourself.
Our Financial Planning and Analysis (FP&A) team provides strategic and financial partnership to EA's Leadership team. We achieve this through engaging with our partners to understand our broad strategy, analyzing data, and delivering insights to guide EA's performance.
The Sr. Manager of Finance will play a leadership role within the Marketing and Total Experience FP&A team, driving the reporting and rhythm of the business overseeing an investment portfolio of $1B. You will partner with the Senior Director FP&A Total Experience, Business leaders managing the Strategy of our portfolio campaigns, and the executive leaders of the Worldwide Customer Experience and Positive Play teams. You will lead all financial elements associated with the delivery of Brand Management and Total Experience narrative. It will require a candidate who can work across a multi-dimensional company and engage with senior executives.
You will report to the Senior Director - FP&A, Total Experience.
- Provide financial guidance and strategic partnership to Brand Management, WWCE, and PPG executive leadership.
- Establish meaningful performance metrics and management reporting
- Support decision-making and manage budget allocation process for portfolio marketing investments, in partnership with Marketing leadership.
- Oversee Total Experience consolidation and analysis inclusive of Global Marketing, Positive Play, WW Customer Experience to ensure the narrative associated with the business and franchises are aligned with Franchise strategies and prioritization.
- Anticipate and manage risks and opportunities across the Marketing investment portfolio
Major Functions & Related Activities
- Align with P&L owners on specific funding proposals
- Partner with leadership to set and manage budgets across all projects and titles
- Provide decision support to leadership on investment across OPEX and project decisions
- Provide regular financial visibility with regards to Outlook, Risk and Opportunities
- Anticipate risks and partner with the leadership to identify trade-offs to de-risk and maintain financial goals
- Balance priorities, and find creative solutions that achieve results
- Be a thought leader to improve and simplify processes, standardization, and build scalable systems to support business growth
- Manage Experience consolidation and partner close with Sr. Director, FP&A to provide variance analysis, coupled with clear narrative for business management.
Experience / Capabilities:
- 8 - 10 or more years in mid-to-senior level finance roles.
- Experience evaluating performance metrics and implementing action plans
- Willingness to ask the tough questions, and ensure partner agreement on complex decisions.
- Ability to resolve complex business issues, ability to move beyond reporting to synthesis and insight
- Influence, motivate and collaborate with your partners and FP&A team
- Create a center of excellence and implement best practices, processes, and standards across the EA Experience Team
- Work with our FP&A partners across Commercial, Studios and Corporate functions.
- Manage a team of six direct reports four located within NA and two in Hyderabad, India
- Bachelor's degree required - Finance / Economics / Accounting related field.
- Experience with P&L management, financial modeling, forecasting and analysis.
- Experience evaluating performance metrics and translating to relevant recommendations.
- Proficiency in Accounting and general GAAP knowledge.
- Knowledge in Anaplan, Power BI, and Oracle comparable.
- People management & developing a team.
Electronic Arts is an innovative tech company that creates incredible experiences for millions of players around the world. But what matters most is our people who inspire us, and the world, to play. As we bring new forms of entertainment to people around the world, we need innovative, collaborative, diverse and adaptable people to keep making Electronic Arts better.