The Salvation Army exists to share the love of Jesus Christ, meet human needs and be a transforming influence in the communities of our world.
We are an innovative partner, mobilized to share hope wherever there is hardship, building communities that are just and know the love of Jesus.
The Salvation Army Canada and Bermuda has four core values:
- Hope: We give hope through the power of the gospel of Jesus Christ.
- Service: We reach out to support others without discrimination.
- Dignity: We respect and value each other, recognizing everyone's worth.
- Stewardship: We responsibly manage the resources entrusted to us.
The Human Relations function is committed to creating a work environment where people experience:
- Meaningful work;
- A sense of hope and optimism;
- An environment of trust; and
- Inspired results.
This is an exciting time to join the Territorial Headquarters (THQ) HR team as we have begun a transformation journey and are in the midst of identifying critical opportunities for growth and development within our team.
KEY RESPONSIBILITIES :
Reporting to the HR Director, THQ, this position carries out the administration of policies and programs, providing coordination support, advice and assistance for areas such as: recruitment, orientation & onboarding, leaves management, compensation, health & safety, benefits and compensation administration. Responsibilities will include activities such as: responding to employee HR inquiries, producing letters & reports for employee files, conducting employee orientation and training, resourcing health & safety, advising on benefits and services, supporting recruitment efforts as needed, and ensuring consistent and timely creation and processing of THQ employee hires, changes and exits.
QUALIFICATIONS AND EDUCATION REQUIREMENTS:
- The successful job applicant will have completed an Undergraduate University degree (e.g., B.A.,) or equivalent education and experience in a related field.
- Post-secondary education in Human Resources
- A minimum of two (2) years' experience in a human resources function;
- Conflict resolution certification would be an asset
- Familiar with HR legislation and regulations within the applicable provincial Employment Standards legislation, Human Rights Code, Occupational Health and Safety Act, and all other applicable legislation and regulations
- Intermediate to advanced skills in Microsoft Word, Excel, and Outlook
- Demonstrates strong verbal and written communication skills, effective listening skills, and organizational skills
- High standards of integrity, judgement, and the ability to cultivate and maintain relationships of trust and confidentiality
- Demonstrated compassion & ability to accept and care for people without judgment
- Detail-oriented with a high level of accuracy in data entry and document creation
- Effective organizational and time management skills - self-motivated and disciplined self-starter
- Able to work in a consultative, diplomatic and tactful manner
- Strong sense of integrity with professional ethics and a balanced sense of fairness and flexibility
- Seeks common ground in navigating challenging issues and constructively manages conflict to create win-win solutions wherever possible
- Understanding and respect of the Mission, Vision and Values of The Salvation Army
To Apply: submit your resume via Isarta and include "Competition 22-078" in the subject line of your email.
The Salvation Army will provide reasonable accommodation upon request. Please let us know if you have a need for any accommodation.
We thank all applicants and will contact candidates selected for interview. Internal applicants, please have a conversation with your manager about your intentions to apply.
June 29, 2022
2 Overlea Blvd.
July 10, 2022
Applications Accepted By:
Submit your resume via Isarta and include "Competition 22-078" in the Subject Line of your email.