Full-Time, Non-Bargaining Unit, 2 Vacancies
35 hours/week, includes rotational on-call overnight shifts and
occasional evening and weekend work
Onsite - Limited Opportunities to Work Remotely
14th July by 11.59 pm
Program Overview - Building Services, Housing & Homelessness Services
WoodGreen's Housing & Homelessness Services Unit is a social housing provider to the hard to house population made up of low-income seniors, individuals, and families. Many of the tenants have additional complex barriers and conditions such as physical disabilities, mental health, and trauma from recent experiences with homelessness. Building Services is responsible for preventative and emergency maintenance for owned, leased, and managed properties, including janitorial, grounds keeping and security. The program is responsible for preparing residential suites for new occupants, supervising and carrying out upgrades to offices and properties, providing physical support to programs and services, and ensuring all applicable codes, standards, and policies are met and adhered to.
What You Will Do
Manage all aspects of assigned properties including property and tenancy management, maintenance, business transactions, community development, and safety.
- Maintain a positive and productive relationship with tenants.
- Ensure high standard maintenance services and quality assurance inspections are completed on time.
- Ensure that vacant units are turned-over, marketed, and rented in a timely fashion.
- Develop/manage annual budgets and forecasting requirements.
- Provide oversight of operational budget, including managing receivables and expenditures.
- Accomplish financial goals and report periodically on financial performance, including filling vacancies, rent reviews and arrears, and customer service and tenancy compliance through mediation or legal adjudication.
- Plan, develop, implement, and evaluate community development activities and programs.
- Provide direct supervision to the Maintenance Supervisor, Maintenance staff, Housing and Community Development Workers, and Cleaners.
- Provide coaching, training, and support for staff, including performance management and direction and conduct annual performance appraisals.
- Implement regular joint meetings for all staff working at the site.
- Ensure regular communication to all tenants in the building.
- Develop and foster a safe community environment.
- Ensure the organization's policies and procedures are carried out accordingly.
- Ensure regular staff meetings and provide direction and support regarding program issues, team building, and crisis response.
- Recruit/hire staff and carry out human resource functions of the assigned programs.
- Participate in local and city-wide networks on behalf of WoodGreen.
- Ensure positive internal and external communications are maintained.
What You Bring to the Team
Bachelor's degree, preferably in Social Work or another related field.
- Property Management Certification from the Institute of Housing Management or related Certification considered a valued asset.
- 5+ years of housing experience, knowledge in property management and housing business outcomes administration.
- 3+ years of experience supervising staff, preferably in a unionized environment.
- Experience working with individuals who have a history of homelessness and street involvement, individuals with low incomes, and individuals experiencing issues with mental health and/or addictions.
What Will Set You Apart
Knowledge of relevant legislation, policies, regulations governing health & safety, and property and tenancy management.
- Experience in community development, project management, community capacity building and developing, and maintaining community partnerships.
- Experience in managing and working with complex hard-to-house and vulnerable populations.
- Ability to lead, coach, motivate, supervise, evaluate, and manage in a team setting.
- Ability to work under pressure in a challenging environment.
- Strong organization and leadership skills.
- Strong planning and proposal writing skills.
- Excellent interpersonal, oral and written skills.
- Understanding of social justice and equity issues.
- Computer proficiency in Microsoft Office, Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook.