As the Director of Corporate Communications, Public Relations and Marketing, you are responsible for all aspects of communication and marketing across our various internal and external channels by proactively facilitating, developing and delivering strategically astute communication strategies that not only inform internal communications messaging but that also advance our customer and external stakeholder understanding of strategic goals, objectives and programs that bring value to Manitobans.
This role is also responsible for directing and implementing the public relations media strategies for the organization while working collaboratively to support all business units. The Director develops communication and stakeholder consultations that effectively support business goals and objectives.Responsibilities :
- Define compelling brand positioning, value propositions, and messaging to drive customer, employee and stakeholder engagement.
- Develop a comprehensive communication, marketing, public relations vision, strategy and roadmap
- Develop annual (and multi-year) communications and marketing plans using data and analytics to ground decisions.
- Lead the development of holistic Corporate Communications strategies across all channels to ensure all public relations activities, communications positioning, branding and reputation management align on an enterprise-wide level.
- Conduct market research to determine how the public and stakeholders see the corporation and its activities and develop/implement a Corporate Branding Strategy to increase public understanding and appreciation of the corporation's value, accomplishments and strategic directions.
- Build effective communications strategies based on a deep understanding of our customers and prospects, brand values, company objectives, and product benefits.
Work closely with People and Culture to impact the internal employee environment through clear and effective brand communications.
- Provide direction, leadership, consultation and support to all areas of the corporation in support of all communications, advertising, initiatives and campaigns.
- Oversee the development and execution of community relations programming and public engagement.
- Provides oversight of all corporate strategic and community sponsorships and ensures alignment to the Community Contributions Policy.
- Oversees the development of Briefing Notes, Critical Issues Notes, speeches and other material for the Minister and Minister's office, MPI Executives, and other senior leaders who may be required to speak publicly on behalf of the corporation.
- Act as a thought-leader across the organization regarding emerging trends and best practices in communications, brand and marketing.
- Build strategic partnerships with key stakeholders and maintains relationships with external, related businesses, government agencies and industry contacts.
- Build and lead a high-impact team that operates with urgency and drives measurable results, ensuring the communications and marketing teams collaborate with all other business functions, consistently delivering great end-to-end customer experiences across stages and touch points in the customer journey. Qualifications:
- Degree in Business Administration, Marketing, Communications or related discipline.
- Ten years' experience involving all aspects of communications, issues management, strategy development, marketing and advertising (planning, implementing, managing, and evaluating strategic communication and media campaigns).
- Experience should include seven years leading operational and project teams, with demonstrated experience in supervising skilled communications and advertising professionals. Employee Benefits:
We offer a comprehensive health benefits program that includes:
- flexible health, dental and vision plans
- health spending account
- travel health coverage
- other extended health benefits such as ambulance, massage and physiotherapy
In an effort to support financial security, we offer:
- registered pension plan
- group, dependent, and optional life insurance coverage
- critical illness insurance
- sick leave to cover short-term disability
- long-term disability
We offer programs that focus on how to better achieve a balance between work and personal commitments, as well as maintain a healthy workplace culture. This includes:
- vacation entitlement
- flexible work program
- maternity, parental and adoptive leaves
- bereavement and family responsibility leaves
- employee and family assistance program
- mental-health programming
- lunch-and-learn offerings
- discounted gym memberships and wellness account
Diversity and inclusion
Manitoba Public Insurance believes that diversity and inclusion strengthens us. We consider ourselves to be a barrier-free organization where individual values, beliefs and practices are respected and appreciated for the diversity they bring to our work life.
It's important to recognize our employees for their contributions. Not only do we recognize employees as they achieve milestone years in their careers, we also have several outlets for leaders and peers to reward each other for work well done.
We want our employees to grow, which is why we offer support in keeping their skills up-to-date. We offer in-house training, professional development and an educational assistance program.
Safety and health
In an effort to encourage a safe and healthy work environment, we offer various safety, health and workplace policies and programs along with technical expertise and assistance to support employee activities in safety and health.