Status: Full-time, permanent Vacancies: 1
WHO IS REAL?
After taking a brief pause during the pandemic, it is with great optimism and excitement that Regina Exhibition Association Limited (REAL) announces our activation of the REAL 2.0 plan for our future, within the exciting world of sport and entertainment.
We are moving forward at full speed with strategic objectives to: improve operational performance; develop new business and expansion; create an activated district, leveraging commercial development.
If you are revolutionary and courageous, exemplify teamwork and safety, accomplish the extraordinary, stewards of our legacy and above all else, always have fun ... then you are REAL! And we want you on our team!
THE OPPORTUNITY AWAITS YOU
REAL finds itself in the enviable position of managing one of the most interesting and versatile connected spaces in North America with an opportunity to impact the lives of millions by creating life-long memories and delivering exceptional experiences.
Reporting to the Manager, Communications & Public Affairs, the Communications and Public Affairs Coordinator is responsible for the execution of communication programs and initiatives to effectively enhance the awareness and understanding of the REAL brand (both internally and externally), increasing awareness of the organization's offerings and ultimately, to build and maintain connections with general public, stakeholders, public and private partnerships and government relations. This position acts as a support spokesperson for REAL and is responsible to assist in coordinating and positioning communications with municipal, provincial, or federal governments and a variety of community stakeholders.
WHAT YOU WILL DO
- Assists in executing on REAL's Communications strategy and activities by preparing communications, ensuring messaging is consistent and aligned with our brand, monitoring multiple communication streams, collaborating with other departments and liaising with both internal and external clients.
- Assist in executing REAL's Media Relations strategy and activities by participating in outreach initiatives through coordination and delivery, responding to media inquiries, and preparing and distributing media releases and kits.
- Assists in execution of REAL's Public/Community Relations strategy and activities by nurturing and maintaining positive relations, participating in community initiatives, engaging with stakeholders, helping coordinate events, participating and collaborating in meetings, and pursuing and coordinating new opportunities.
- Performing other duties as allocated.
WHO WE ARE LOOKING FOR
We live our REAL Core Values: Be original, Be a host, Be inclusive, Be proud, Be resilient, Be smart, and Always own it.
We are looking for an individual who thrives in a fast-paced environment and is passionate about creating and maintaining positive relationships. We are able to provide a motivated professional opportunities to connect with multiple facets of the community - not just sports and entertainment! If you feel you value align with ours - apply today!
WHAT IT TAKES
Apply today if you meet the following requirements:
- A post-secondary degree or certificate in in communications, public relations, journalism, marketing, or related area of study plus a minimum of two years' experience. An equivalent combination of education and experience will be considered.
- Experience in the event business or working with external stakeholders would be considered an asset.
- Excellent interpersonal skills and ability to work well as part of a team.
- Ability to work well in a fast-paced environment, and adapt to change.
- Ability to work cooperatively and effectively with others.
- Creativity in developing of event concepts and strategies.
- Ability to establish and maintain strong and positive relationships with key clients.
- Strong organizational and presentation skills including demonstrated experience in writing business documentation.
- Demonstrated proficiency for managing multiple, complex priorities within demanding timeframes.
- Strong time-management skills and a proven track record of delivering quality results, with attention to details.
- Computer proficiency required including advanced Excel, Word, Outlook, databases and the internet.
- Independent, creative self-starter with ability to initiate and adapt to new ideas.
- Excellent organizational and strategic and project management skills.
- Working knowledge of the Adobe Creative Cloud with attention to Photoshop, and Premiere Pro.
- Knowledge of events and entertainment industry an asset.
- Must be able to obtain and maintain a satisfactory Criminal Record Check for the duration of employment.
- Note that this position is an in-scope position under the RWDSU Collective Agreement. Shift start & stop times and scheduled days may be adjusted during course of employment, based on operational requirements.
We offer competitive wages and attractive benefits, along with the opportunity to be part of a dynamic and fun industry. For more information visit our website at www.realdistrict.ca. Submit resumes by July 11, 2022, via the link provided.