Communications Specialist - ( 220002GY )
Grow with the best. Join a smart, creative, and inspired team that accomplishes operational excellence. Bringing together individuals with diverse backgrounds, talents, and expertise, our 25,000 team members in over 400 locations worldwide are vital to making our Company stronger.
Are you ready to wake up every day feeling inspired, excited about your job, and ready to win? Are you looking for an opportunity where you can work with and be inspired by amazing creative colleagues, make an impact on your community, gain valuable experience and build your career? Meet Stantec. Ranked as one of the most sustainable companies in the world, the people we work with are cool, and we want you to have a future here.
Our people are at the core of everything we do. Driven by a culture of inclusion, we offer dozens of employee resource groups, growth opportunities, and flexible work arrangements. We understand that the tools for success look different for everyone, and we're committed to providing each employee with the support and flexibility they need to thrive.
We're looking for a Communications Specialist that is responsible for developing and implementing employee communication strategies and campaigns that connect our people and help employees understand their role in bringing Stantec's Strategic Plan and brand to life. Working in close partnership with Functional Service Team (FST) partners and Marketing, Communications, and Public Relations (MCPR) colleagues, the CS develops effective, creative communications plans and associated materials that help meet business objectives by informing, engaging, and inspiring our people.
Stantec offers a flexible work environment and we are open for this role to be based out of the posted locations.
Your Key Responsibilities
- Develop effective communications plans including creative campaign concepts, implementation plans, and timelines
- Provide communications consultation on key initiatives, which includes research, planning, execution, and measurement of initiatives
- Ensure key strategic and brand messages are consistent and communicated effectively to target audiences
- Write communication content including but not limited to email copy, intranet articles, blogs, video briefs, etc. Adapt content for a variety of mediums.
- Partner with Stantec's graphic design and/or video teams, as required, to develop supporting visual/multimedia aids to support key communications (e.g., infographics, videos)
- Publish content on Stantec's intranet and supports other internal communications platforms as required (e.g., Yammer, Teams)
- A champion of the Stantec brand and an expert in implementing Stantec's voice and Style Guide
Your Capabilities and Credentials
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Creative, strategic thinker
- Strong project management and time management skills
- Detail-oriented and organized, with exceptional prioritization skills
- Ability to effectively balance multiple priorities
- Passion for clear, concise communications, and the ability to convert the ?highly technical' into the ?easily understood'
- Excellent consultation skills, including the ability to quickly build rapport and trust
- Experience in formatting and distribution of communications
- Ability to work effectively and collaboratively with a team, as well as independently and with minimal supervision
- Ability to effectively communicate with and present ideas to management, supervisors, colleagues, and internal FST partners
- Demonstrated proficiency with Web-based tools and Microsoft Office applications, including Outlook, Word, Excel, PowerPoint, and Internet Explorer
Education and Experience
- Post-secondary degree in communications, public relations, English, journalism, or marketing.
- 3-5 years' experience working in a communications-related role (agency experience or professional services industry experience preferred)
This description is not a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that may be required of the employee and other duties, responsibilities and activities may be assigned or may be changed at any time with or without notice.
Stantec is a place where the best and brightest come to build on each other's talents, do exciting work, and make an impact on the world around us. Join us and redefine your personal best.
Primary Location : Canada-Alberta-Edmonton
Other Locations : Canada-Ontario-Toronto, Canada-Alberta-Calgary, Canada-British Columbia-Vancouver
Job : Marketing Communications
Organization : BC-1186 Employee Communications-Corporate-Canada
Employee Status : Regular
Job Level : Individual Contributor
Travel : No
Schedule : Full-time
Job Posting : Jul 8, 2022, 2:02:12 PM
Req ID: 220002GY
Stantec provides equal employment opportunities to all qualified employees and applicants for future and current employment and prohibit discrimination on the grounds of race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, marital status, genetic information, disability, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or gender expression. We prohibit discrimination in decisions concerning recruitment, hiring, referral, promotion, compensation, fringe benefits, job training, terminations or any other condition of employment. Stantec is in compliance with local, state and federal laws and regulations and ensures equitable opportunities in all aspects of employment. EEO including Disability/Protected Veterans