Event Sales Manager
At the Fairmont Empress, our engaging service & first class cuisine make every special event a truly memorable affair.
Solicit new catering accounts, entertain and maintain relationships with existing accounts to meet and/or exceed food and beverage revenue goals. Effectively plan the details of upcoming programs (up-sell products and services, block appropriate event space, ensure all event requirements are met), distribute information to operating departments in a timely manner, provide support and guide banquet personnel to ensure a successful and effective operation ending in a positive guest experience.
Summary of Responsibilities :
Reporting to the Director of Events Sales & Services, responsibilities and essential job functions include but are not limited to the following:
- Solicit new and existing accounts to meet/exceed revenue goals through telephone solicitation, outside sales calls, site inspections, fams, events and written communication.
- Maintain concise activity logs of all sales contacts and events.
- Respond to all inquiries regarding catering space availability in a professional and timely manner.
- Upsell the hotel's services via suggesting food and beverage enhancements to contracted events, hotel amenities, enhanced room drops and adding additional event space and events.
- Ensure close relationships are established and maintained with clients to encourage repeat business
- Resolve guest complaints when necessary
- Develop monthly sales strategy and action plans
- Use of Opera Sales and Catering to track, solicit, book and follow up on accounts.
- Expedite event bookings, prepare resumes and compile and distribute conference agendas, floor plans and event orders.
- Develop/maintain knowledge of market trends, competition and customers. Professionally represent the hotel at industry/community events.
- Complete weekly and monthly reports and assist with competition data collection
- Assist with the Catering forecast
- Assist with marketing material updates including packages and collateral.
- Create and promote unique Event packages.
- Maintain good working relations with preferred vendors of the hotel, introduce and recommend new preferred vendors, and ensure adherence to event space policies, codes and regulations.
- Ensure detailed and open communication with all operating departments to ensure smooth execution of convention details.
- Working closely with the client and hotel departments throughout the duration of the event ensuring the successful outcome of the client's program from arrival to departure.
- Conduct Pre and Post Conference meetings with groups to plan and address strengths and weaknesses of an event while soliciting repeat business
- Facilitate daily Catering/Banquet/Kitchen meetings to ensure perfection in service delivery
- Build partnership with the Banquet team to ensure service standards are maintained
- Work in compliance with our service standards to ensure the highest quality of service and customer satisfaction
- Foster a co-operative team spirit with and between Sales, Event Operations, Culinary, Stewarding and Front Office Teams.
- Conduct site inspections for events as well as detailed pre-planning site visits for definite Catering clients.
- Resolve guest complaints when necessary
- Additional duties as assigned by the Director of Events, Sales & Services
- Hospitality Management Degree or a Post Secondary Degree preferred.
- Minimum of 2 years experience as Events or Sales manager in a luxury hotel.
- Extensive Food and Beverage knowledge.
- Knowledge of meeting space capacities pertaining to health and safety procedures and terminology of meeting room set-ups.
- Proven ability to plan and organize events effectively, with an acute sense of detail
- Knowledge of hotel banquet and front of house operations
- Extensive knowledge of Opera (Property Manager and Sales & Catering Programs), Word, Excel and Windows based programs.
- Must possess excellent interpersonal and communication skills, both written and verbal.
- Must have ability to handle multiple tasks simultaneously
- Must have the desire to exceed service standards in providing quality service to our internal and external customers
- Proven ability to maintain grace under pressure and in chaotic environments
- Assertive, self-starter, self-motivator with a high degree of professionalism.
- Must be able to and enjoy working in a busy environment with minimum supervision.
Why work for Accor?
We are far more than a worldwide leader. We welcome you as you are and you can find a job and brand that matches your personality. We support you to grow and learn every day, making sure that work brings purpose to your life, so that during your journey with us, you can continue to explore Accor's limitless possibilities.
By joining Accor, every chapter of your story is yours to write and together we can imagine tomorrow's hospitality. Discover the life that awaits you at Accor, visit https://careers.accor.com/
Do what you love, care for the world, dare to challenge the status quo! #BELIMITLESS