Job Description :
Begin Your Rosewood Journey
We believe that life is made of many journeys: inspiration, wonderment, curiosity, or the simple joy of discovering something new every day. If you share the same sentiment, then this opportunity is for you.
Rosewood Hotel Georgia is looking for an experienced Event Sales Manager.
The Event Sales Manager will also be responsible for contacting and soliciting accounts that yield maximum revenues and profits for the hotel. Able to create strategic plans to attract business and to maintain and grow existing accounts. Experienced and knowledgeable of the local luxury market.
- Maintain close contact with social and corporate planners on a regular basis.
- Closely monitor market competition, especially in the corporate market.
- Solicit new Social and Corporate business through direct external selling activities that also include but not limited to telephone calls.
- Assist with conference servicing small groups as required
- Assist in preparing weekly and monthly reports and forecasts in relation to assigned market segments
- Maintain complete knowledge of and comply with all departmental policies, service procedures and standards.
- Ensure that standards are maintained at a superior level on a daily basis.
- Respond to all catering inquiries, including walk ins, in a timely manner
- Ability to entertain clients where appropriate
- Ability to upsell to maximize revenue
- Keep Director of Event Sales promptly informed of all problems so corrective action can be taken immediately.
- Attend/conduct beo meetings with kitchen, banquets, stewarding, av supplier.
- Suggest, confirm, and finalize menus.
- Monitor services provided by banquet staff.
- Participate in quality control activities.
- Create, implement, and monitor a sales action plan.
- Interact in courteous and professional manner with all guests, staff and community members.
- Respond in courteous, professional, and rapid manner in order to resolve all guest and staff difficulties.
- Influence and persuade staff in order to maintain service standards of hotel.
- Interpret and comply with a variety of instructions furnished in written, oral, diagrammatic or schedule form.
- Perform a variety of duties, often changing from one task to another of a different nature without loss of efficiency or composure.
- All other task or projects as assigned by Hotel management.
- Minimum three to five years of managing experience in the hospitality industry with emphasis on corporate and social market in a luxury or ultra-luxury environment preferred.
- Bachelor's degree in Hotel Management, Business, Sales, Marketing or a relevant field of work, or an equivalent combination of education and work-related experience.
- Must be able to perform job functions with attention to detail, speed and accuracy; prioritize, organize and follow-up; be a clear thinker, remaining calm and resolving problems using good judgment; follow directions thoroughly; understand a guest's service needs; work cohesively with co-workers as part of a team; work with minimal supervision; maintain confidentiality of guest information and pertinent hotel data.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills for the purpose of presenting and discussing technical information to establish rapport and/or influence and gain understanding of others; knowledge of hotel operations management to include quality, operations; knowledge of and experience with luxury/ultra-luxury market niche required.
- Demonstrated knowledge of hospitality systems and software; understanding of hospitality industry trends, performance metrics and verbiage.
- Competitive Salary & Benefits
- We encourage personal and professional growth. Continue the Rosewood Journey through global talent development opportunities.
About Rosewood Hotel Georgia
Following its debut in the Roaring '20s, the legendary Hotel Georgia came to be known as Vancouver's most historic and elegant retreat. When it first welcomed guests in 1927, the hotel brought unheard of luxuries to the young city of Vancouver and Canada's West Coast. And it wasn't just the local society set that made the hotel the heart of Vancouver; Louis Armstrong, Ginger Rogers, Frank Sinatra, Laurence Olivier, the Rolling Stones and the Prince of Wales all added to the mystique of this irreplaceable piece of history.
Now unveiled as Rosewood Hotel Georgia, the fully restored Georgian Revival property has returned to its former grandeur with additional elegance afforded by extensive amenities and the impeccable service of Rosewood Hotels & Resorts. From the painstaking restoration of Old World craftsmanship to the addition of the most luxurious furnishings and latest technology, Rosewood Hotel Georgia offers an unmatched combination of legacy and luxury - a return to the golden age of hotel travel.
Follow us on LinkedIn: https://www.linkedin.com/company/rosewood-hotels-&-resorts/