Purpose of the position
Your duties will encompass a broad spectrum of tasks within the Event team. You will be expected to devote your full time and attention to your duties at SMART during a 14-month contract. As SMART continues to grow and its business requirements change, your duties within this position will evolve. Initially, some of the specific duties will involve the following:
Duties and Responsibilities
- Develop a deep understanding of the business and coordinate programs with sales teams and leaders, including regular participation in sales team calls, in-person/virtual meetings and planning sessions.
- Develop core team per event and conduct core team
- stakeholders kickoff
- weekly project meetings (meetings with clear goals, objectives and outcomes) to ensure on time, on budget and quality execution.
- Provide input and support in executing programs and events to reach customer targets by vertical, create sales tools and regularly communicate marketing programs and results.
- Lead cross-functional coordination, planning and execution for global, international and regional events, ensuring events are delivered on time, budget and on quality.
- Creative brief submission, working with creative teams and agencies on developing deliverables.
- Develop & coordinate execution of communications plans.
- Plan multiple events from beginning to completion simultaneously. Working with other events team members on all logistics and marketing team on goals & objectives.
- Clearly communicate and articulate desired outcomes and work collaboratively with a core team (marketing, sales, event logistics, technical, etc.) to determine tactics and plan to execute event strategy. Ensuring event integrates with global campaigns and messaging.
- Coordinate pre-show staff readiness, presentations, demos and executive & stakeholder briefings.
- Organize event lead capture and qualification process.
- Ensure timely reporting. Follow up on outcomes of events and programs, track and report back to regional sales and marketing teams, including ROI & KPI indicators.
- Ensure all events meet objectives for quality, strategy and brand governance.
- Leverage global marketing resources to fill sales requirements and find ways to invent and simplify to address sales needs without large budgets.
- Develop and influence regional demand generation planning processes with deep expertise of customer targets, sales strategy and pipeline to ensure greatest possible success of programs.
- Build relationships with vendors and partners, and negotiate booth and venue contracts, rates and sponsorships.
- Bringing a high level of consciousness and awareness to the job by providing creative solutions to projects, demonstrating an ability to problem-solve and organize effectively.
- Administrative, management and other duties as required.
Education, Qualifications & Experience
- At least 5 years experience in event management.
- Experience planning, coordinating and executing international/global events is an asset.
- Project management & regional marketing experience is an assets.
- Experience with marketing automation tools (Hubspot, Salesforce, Qualtrics) is preferred.
- Experience in the business-to-business technology sector.
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills, including excellent writing and verbal communication.
- Excellent organization and time management skills with the ability to effectively coordinate people and resources from multiple company areas.
- Experience planning and managing a budget/reporting requirements/metrics.
- Self-starter who can work in a demanding and rapidly changing environment with solid prioritization organization and process optimization skills.
- Positive, cooperative, and adaptable approach to a fast-paced environment, working directly with customers, partners, and other groups.
- Good analytical and problem-solving abilities.
- Ability to manage concurrent projects with limited supervision.
- Passion for customer-centric technology.
- Familiarity with Microsoft Office programs, including teams, PowerPoint, Word and Excel.
- Ability to work comfortably with technology, especially computers and audiovisual equipment.
- Maintaining good working relationships with various stakeholders, vendors and coworkers, including executives, internal teams, onsite union workers and prospective customers.
- A valid passport and the ability to maintain one, as this position requires travelling at least 35 percent of the time, both within North America and internationally, including occasional weekend travel for events.
- Willingness and ability to occasionally work overtime.
- Ability to move and set up equipment.
- This position does not have any direct reports.
- Hybrid Role (Office & Work from Home), remote-work, fast-paced work environment.
At SMART Technologies, privacy is not an afterthought to us. Privacy is at the core of our software design. The result is that privacy is an essential component at the core of our business. To read more about our specific policies, please follow the links below. For more information, please review: https://home.smarttech.com/legal/privacy-policy #LI-SM1 #LI-HYBRID