Pharma Medica Research is a full service contract research organization specialized in conducting early phase clinical trials in healthy volunteers, special and patient populations. Currently we are in need of a Payroll & HR Coordinator to join our Mississauga team!
The Payroll & HR Coordinator is responsible for the general administration of the Human Resources Department for all Pharma Medica (PMRI) locations. Ensure proper computerized and record maintenance. Provide support for Manager, HR in the implementation and practice of HR policies. This position reports to the Manager, HR.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Overseen by the Manager, HR, administration of payroll functions such as timesheet calculations, enter payroll changes such as status changes, new hires, terminations. Upload online paystubs and issue Records of Employment to employees.
- Responsible for any termination related manual calculations such as final pay, electronic Records of Employment, etc.
- Responsible for maintaining up-to-date employment files, prepare letters of offer, change in status, terminations etc. ensuring proper approvals are received. Also, ensure all associated documents and manuals are prepared and completed.
- Ensure that signed originals of all documents are received, recorded and filed as appropriate.
- Assist in the day-to-day administration of Health & Safety including incident tracking and reporting, JHSC follow up, and Training.
- File closed pay period documentation after ensuring all required documentation was received such as vacation/sick forms, payroll documents, etc.
- Maintain and administer
- Front-line support for any employee inquiries regarding payroll inquiries and policies and procedures, escalate as needed.
- Responsible for processing group health benefit enrolments, changes and terminations for benefits in a timely manner. Make changes for related deductions to payroll.
- Employee vacation and sick time administration
- Prepare ad hoc reports for other departments as requested.
- Responsible for full cycle Recruitment and New Hire Orientation of new staff as assigned by Manager, HR
- Problem-solve and answer telephone enquiries from employees, managers and outside agencies
- Assist in archiving Human Resources paperwork at the end of year.
- Work to ensure effective communications between members of the HR team, including Manager, HR, to ensure all members are aware of current issues and are able to present a unified front to employees on matters of importance. Maintain privacy of confidential information outside of the HR dept.
- Back up to other members of the HR team, as required.
- Administrative support as needed.
- Perform other related duties as assigned.
- College or University education or equivalent in working experience in H.R. Administration
- 3-5 years general H.R. related job functions and/or experience.
- CHRP Designation in progress an asset.
- Ability to maintain the confidentiality of the department
- Meticulous, very organized and able to multi-task
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills
- Knowledge of Microsoft Office, Excel spreadsheets and word processing software an asset
- Ability to work both independently and as a team member
If intereseted in this exciting position, apply today!