The role of a Talent Acquisition Partner is to partner with veterinary clinics to identify their hiring needs for veterinarians and manage the sourcing, recruitment and selection process. As a Talent Acquisition Partner, your objective is to ensure the hiring of top talent within the optimal time to hire. This position performs full lifecycle recruiting through a high-touch process while guiding hiring managers and candidates through the selection process. Working within our People Team, you'll work cross-departmentally to ensure you are seeking out the best matches for our clinics based equally on skills and team fit.
Veterinarians are at the core of our business and based on our model of respecting medical autonomy, they play a critical part in the delivery of our services in terms of quality patient care and excellent client service. In this role, you will work on establishing and building relationships with different stakeholders in the industry to create credibility and trust, become the point of contact for all veterinarian candidates in your assigned territory, and ensure the right fit between candidates and clinics.
Brand Ambassador and Key Talent Partner
- Act as VetStrategy brand ambassador by representing the company at identified networking and industry events, job fairs, conferences, campus recruiting, etc., to tell our story and promote our culture
- Partner with leadership, operations and practice managers to identify hiring needs, workforce-planning strategies, ensuring alignment with practice needs and culture
- Provide an excellent candidate experience by establishing a relationship, maintaining continuous communication, sending invitations to and attending events, listing them on the newsletter database, answering queries, and maintaining a high touchpoint with each lead
- Lead, coach and mentor practice managers as needed and establish regular touchpoints to follow up on job progress and communicate back updates
- Build networks with lead talent in the marketplace.
- Establish, maintain and manage relationships with additional recruiting support, such as associations, universities/colleges, researchers and search firms
- Act as the subject matter expert for roles including (but not limited to) DVMs and technicians
- Contact and follow up on international candidates ensuring eligibility and compliance and following up on visa process, welcoming and onboarding them to their new clinic
- Coordinate with the clinic manager the international hire integration and settling in and follow up on visa requirements, and renewal
Talent Acquisition Process
- Drive the recruitment process by devising, implementing and following up on a search strategy for each role while continuously coordinating and cooperating with the hiring manager and stakeholders in the clinic
- Identify and execute various traditional and creative sourcing techniques: mobilizing your and other stakeholders' networks, internet searches, networking events, referral programs, conferences, social media, direct sourcing, career fairs, campus events etc.
- Build up a pool of qualified and diverse candidates and leads for present and future needs by sourcing active and passive candidates through a variety of traditional and creative techniques and practices
- Initiate contact with candidates, schedule and conduct pre-screening interviews, advise hiring managers, follow up on the process ensuring timely communication and prompt action
- Negotiate and extend job offers while coordinating with the Operations Director
- Document interviews and working interviews debrief, provide feedback and communicate updates continuously to all parties
- Maintain accurate documentation on all candidates, searches, hiring managers' interactions, and other recruiting activities in the applicant tracking system
- Contribute to the continuous improvement of the recruitment process through collecting recruitment metrics, feedback from candidates, market trends, documenting the process, generating regular reports and advising the business of updated market trends.
- Manage your portfolio by leveraging best hiring practices, salary information, and market-specific industry trends
- Support new hire onboarding and maintain high touch points with new hires ensuring a successful employee experience
Background, Experience and Qualifications
- 3+ years of veterinary industry experience
- Relevant recruiting or HR work experience is a ?nice to have?
- Excellence in building relationships and trust
- Experience in or passion for the veterinary profession
- Proven ability to work independently and as a team member (remotely and in-person)
- Ability to be flexible and work analytically in a problem-solving environment
- Have a natural ability to communicate with others and are a people person!
- Strong organizational, multi-tasking, and time-management skills
- Excellent negotiation, influence and presentation skills
- Excellent business and industry acumen
- Demonstrated initiatives, teamwork and collaboration in a professional setting
- You care about building genuine internal and external relationships
- Possess technical aptitude or interest in tech and a strong understanding of relevant roles in the industry
- Ability to travel to conferences and visit clinics within the province
Our Ideal Candidate possesses the following Cultural Competencies
We are Relationship Focused!
- In every interaction with the hospitals, we build and maintain personal connections and trust. All relationships matter regardless of different levels, functions, cultures or geography.
- Different perspectives are encouraged as we look for the best way to do things. We collaborate with the hospitals and one another to ensure that all work is in the best interest of the hospital and takes into account the unique needs of each location. We are externally focused on our hospitals rather than only internally focused on our processes.
We Speak the Truth!
- We are honest and transparent. We can question or challenge without fear of negative repercussions. We support one another and take responsibility for ourselves.
We are Humble!
- We're all in this together. There is no room for ego or hierarchy mentality here. We are unpretentious and approachable. We support and appreciate one another. We regularly seek feedback without defensiveness. We reflect on our activities and the impact we have on others.
We Take Care of the Rest!
- We view everything we do through the lens of the hospitals. We seek to understand first. Every decision we make is based on impact to patient care, client service, and hospital teams. We do what's best for the hospitals, not just Home Office