Dolce is now seeking a Sales Coordinator to join our team at Dolce Intl BMO Canada in Toronto, Ontario.
Wyndham Hotels and Resorts is searching for a new Sales Coordinator who will be reporting to Director of Sales.
Education & Experience
- Knowledge of hospitality sales
- 3 year Hospitality College certification
- Minimum 3 years in a Hotel Sales environment
The offer of employment is conditional upon you having received two doses of a COVID-19 vaccine series approved by Health Canada, at least 14 days prior to your start date. When you commence employment, you will be asked to show your Ministry of Health vaccine proof before commencing employment.
Please do not email this to us as we will only observe the information and document that it has been seen. In the event you are not able to be vaccinated as a result of a ground protected reason under the Human Rights Legislation, you may submit a written request for accommodation with an explanation of the ground and/or any supporting documentation to assist in the determination of exemption from this condition.
If you request accommodation, we will follow up with you for further information if necessary.
- Regular and sometimes high stress loads.
- Fluctuates seasonally and may change due to volumes.
- Significant portions (more than 50%) of daily assignments involve applications of manual skills requiring motor coordination in combination with finger dexterity (i.e. typing, filing).
- Some portion of daily assignments involve prolonged standing or walking (i.e. morning rounds, event coverage etc.)
- Generally free from exposure to dirt, odors, noise, temperature/weather extremes, or unleveled, slippery or unstable working surfaces.
- Work may require evenings, night, and holiday or weekend assignments on occasion. Schedule may vary according to business demands and needs.
- Little if any of the daily assignments involve occupational risk.
- Some risks may include prolonged use of small motor skills (i.e. typing) and prolonged sitting.
- Responsible for adhering to all safety policies and procedures of Dolce.
- Follows the Training Orchestra and Amadeus Standards as it relates to the use of the system, and entering data accurately and consistent per the Standards.
- Reserve any guestroom and meeting room space as requested and ensure correct financial information is updated in Amadeus booking for forecasting information as requested
- Forward all prospective business for review and approval to appropriate Sales or Conference Manager
- Prepare and manage complete client proposal/contract cycle and send out follow-up emails, and First Right of Refusal requests as assigned
- Prepare and distribute cost estimates, proposals, contracts, addendums and the like to assist Sales Coordinator, Sales Managers and Conference Planners as requested
- Provide administrative support in the Sales and Conference Planning department, as necessary
- Ensure a smooth process when turning events over from Sales to Conference Managers
- Work closely with the Sales & Planning Department
- Assist in the Health & Safety program by ensuring that section 28 of the OHSA and company/departmental health & safety policies and procedures are being followed.
- May be required to perform additional and / or different responsibilities from those set forth above.
- Basic Property product knowledge, i.e., staffing, operations, safety, security, facility rules, structural, terminology, fire, police and health codes, hotel policies, city ordinances.
- Basic knowledge of the property structure/layout and how all departments interact
- Basic knowledge of various types of set up styles used in the meeting/event space
- Basic knowledge of audio visual equipment, telecom equipment, lighting and room temperature control
- Ability to effectively deal with internal and external customers, some of whom will require high levels of patience, tact and diplomacy to diffuse anger, collect accurate information and resolve conflicts
- Quantitative processing of data via office machine equipment, mathematical computations and analytical skills necessary to accurately determine and communicate financial, forecasting and space utilization calculations.
- Proficiency in the use and operation of computer systems with the ability to navigate efficiently through Word, Excel, Outlook, Amadeus (or in house sales system), and Internet
- Ability to read, write and speak English language to fully comprehend guest requests, memos, proposals, general correspondence and similar written materials.
- Ability to complete a contract in compliance with all checklists, standards and property policies.
- Interpersonal skills to provide overall guest satisfaction. Other duties as assigned by management
- Positive attitude and good communication skills
- Must have excellent organizational and planning skills
- Ability to multitask and prioritize in a high-paced, high pressure environment
- Commitment to delivering a high level of customer service
- Excellent grooming standards
- Strong analytical skills so to understand key business indicators and competitive trends and develop approaches to these challenges
- Practice the principles of the Count on Me! culture.
- Always provide a Great Guest Experience.
- Protect the assets of the property.
- Produces weekly and monthly reports as requested
- Assists the Director of Sales and Conference Planning (DOSCP), Director of Conference Planning (DOCP) and Sales Managers with administrative functions.
- Maintains the electronic filing system for the Sales department.
- Creates and merges cost estimates, proposals and contracts for DOSCP and DOCP and Sales Managers.
- Coordinates sales projects as directed like Wyndham Sales Blitz, mailings, invitations and special events for Sales and Conference Planning department.
- Coordinates contracting process (creation, verification, OneSpan, turnover to Conference Planning)
- Provides telephone support for Event Reservations phone line and email box.
- Amadeus Sales & Events Champion -Fluent from inquiry to blocking appropriate meeting spaces and guestrooms, merging documents and maintaining client contact information.
- Participating in meetings
- Making formal presentations and speeches
- Has responsibility and accountability for participation in team activities.
- General guidelines and references are used with some discretion. Projects are assigned with latitude for decision making and setting of priorities. Specific problems should be referred to supervisor for clarification of policies and procedures before proceeding.
- Maintain professional appearance and behavior when in contact with customers and fellow associates.
- Follow policies and procedures in training manuals and the associate handbook.
- Always remember our partnership with our clients, fellow associates, and investors to provide quality service and maintain profitability.
- Establish self-improvement goals by staying current with necessary training requirements for this position.
- Regular attendance in conformance with the standards established by Dolce Hotels & Resorts, is essential to the successful performance of this position.
- Recognize that despite all efforts the company makes, the ultimate responsibility for employee health and safety rests directly with the individual. It is a condition of employment for all associates to conduct their duties in a safe and healthful manner.
Dolce International offers a diverse, dynamic, and thriving environment that supports career development for all of our associates.
Wyndham Hotels & Resorts is the world's largest hotel franchising company by the number of properties with approximately 9,000 hotels across over 95 countries on six continents. Through its network of more than 813,000 rooms appealing to the everyday traveler, Wyndham commands a leading presence in the economy and midscale segments of the lodging industry. The Company operates a portfolio of 22 hotel brands, including Super 8®, Days Inn®, Ramada®, Microtel®, La Quinta®, Baymont®, Wingate®, AmericInn®, Hawthorn Suites®, Trademark Collection® and Wyndham®. Headquartered in Parsippany, N.J. with offices around the globe in London, Shanghai, Buenos Aires, Dubai and more, Wyndham Hotels & Resorts employs more than 4,000 team members worldwide who are dedicated to the Company's mission of making hotel travel possible for all.
Job Location: Dolce Intl BMO Canada, 3550 Pharmacy Avenue, Toronto, Ontario M1W 3Z3
Employment Status: Full-time