Job Description : CARE AND BE CARED FOR
Are you a communicator with experience supporting the implementation of robust communications plans that advance an organization strategic priorities? Do you enjoy providing communications advice to leaders and developing key communication products? Are you passionate about exceptional health care and driven by a desire to help others?
If so, take a look at this rewarding career opportunity working alongside a supportive and collaborative team of over 8,000 regulated health care and other professionals. We are amid a momentous time for health care in Ontario as we move to a more connected health care system through the Ontario Health Teams model of care.
Home and Community Care Support Services is seeking a Communications Specialist to play a key role in highlighting Home and Community Care Support Services programs and services through strong and effective communications. Reporting to the Manager, Communications, the Communications Specialist is responsible for supporting the development and implementation of internal and external communications plans, organizational initiatives and other confidential matters, locally and provincially. This is a rewarding position for a detail orientated, collaborative team player who possesses excellent verbal and written communications skills and enjoys working in a fast-paced environment.
What do we offer?
We know wellness is supported with work-life balance. In an inclusive culture committed to support your passion for continuous learning, growth and innovation, we offer:
- Attractive comprehensive compensation packages and benefits
- Valuable development opportunities
- Membership in a world class defined benefit pension plan
What will you do?
- Support the development of communications and engagement strategies aligned with strategic priorities including public relations, stakeholder engagement, marketing, brand management, social media and issues management
- Develop and implement communications plans and tactics to support corporate projects and initiatives, including confidential matters
- Provide communications support/advice to the Communications Manager and/or Director, provincial Communications team and other leaders including human resources to effectively engage and communicate with staff to raise awareness of initiatives, programs and policies
- Create written and designed content (in collaboration with graphic designer) for newsletters, brochures, posters, videos, web, intranet, speeches, presentations and other communication materials aimed at diverse audiences
- Oversee the production of patient-facing pamphlets, brochures and newsletters and coordinate the distribution of print/branded materials to staff, patients, caregivers, etc.
- Leverage digital technology solutions and incorporate digital, social and web strategies to support strategic communications plans, while taking a lead role with social media activities
- Provide media relations support including creation of news releases, organization of media events, development of speaking points, triaging of media requests, development of media responses and building and maintaining strong media relationships
- Provide issues management and risk management support including crisis communications at the local level, and at the provincial level as assigned
- Monitor, analyze and report communication metrics and results to determine effectiveness of communications initiatives
- Uphold the organization's reputation through relationship-building with stakeholders, public awareness activities and marketing in alignment with visual identity, brand guidelines, AODA compliance and French language requirements
What must you have?
- Post-secondary degree/diploma in communications, journalism, marketing or a related academic field
- Minimum three years related experience in strategic communications, public affairs, marketing and health care communications
- Excellent communication skills (oral and written) and proficient in Microsoft Office and website content management systems
- Communications experience in a multi-stakeholder environment.
- Ability to work independently and possess a strong sense of responsibility
- Ability to maintain confidentiality, exercise good judgement and discretion
- Developed negotiation and conflict resolution skills with the ability to provide advice on best practice guidelines
Home and Community Care Support Services has implemented a mandatory COVID-19 vaccination policy for all employees. As a condition of employment, successful applicants will be required to submit proof of COVID-19 vaccination status prior to start date.
What would give you the edge?
- Knowledge of the Ontario health care sector its stakeholders, programs and issues
- Proficiency with graphic design software (Adobe Create Suite including InDesign)
- Experience with public engagement and facilitation
- Strong interpersonal and leadership skills and able to support cross-functional initiatives working collaboratively as well as independently
- Strong communications change management skills to help employees to positively reach to change
- A high degree of attention to detail and excellent time management skills
Who are we?
We are Home and Community Care Support Services, ready to serve every person in Ontario. We partner with patients and caregivers, family physicians, hospitals, long-term care and retirement homes, service providers and Ontario Health Teams, to deliver responsive, accessible, integrated, patient-centred care.
We empower you to be your best selves, do your best work and deliver the best possible patient experience for the diverse communities we serve.
Join us -
If you're interested in driving excellence in care and service delivery, and seeking an unparalleled opportunity to lead and learn, partner and connect, care and be cared for, this is your home.
All applications will be reviewed; however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
Committed to Diversity and Inclusion
In line with our fundamental values of collaboration, respect, integrity and excellence, Home and Community Care Support Services is an inclusive employer which respects equity, inclusion, diversity and anti-racism. We are committed to attracting, engaging and developing a workforce that reflects the diverse communities we serve.
We welcome and encourage applications from all qualified applicants. Accommodations for persons with disabilities required during the recruitment process are available upon request.