LOCATION: Canada OR UK - Remote (must be physically located in the UK or Canada)
**Please be sure to upload or include a link to writing samples with your resume as part of the application process**
When it comes to enterprise applications, microseconds matter. And when organizations need extreme speed and scale, they turn to GridGain Systems. GridGain is the company behind Apache Ignite, the open source distributed database preferred by performance-obsessed developers. We are also the provider of the GridGain In-memory Computing Platform that JPMorgan Chase, ING, Citi, UPS, American Airlines, DreamWorks, CMA CGM, IBM, VMware, Microsoft, and United Healthcare rely on for application speed, scale and availability.
GridGain is growing. So, now's the time to join the company that, in 2021, was recognized among Silicon Valley Business Journal Fastest Growing Private Companies, the Deloitte Technology Fast 500, and the Inc. 5000.
ABOUT THE ROLE
We are looking for an experienced Technical Writer to join our Technical Writing team. In this role, you will: Write documentation for Apache Ignite and GridGain, which are as influential as Apache Hadoop, Apache Spark, and Apache Cassandra. Help drive the adoption of both Apache Ignite and GridGain products through technical documentation, detailed developer guides, code samples, API references, and other online materials. Develop documentation for GridGain Nebula - a new cloud solution for distributed databases. Join a team of talented people who have been developing, contributing to, and pushing forward one of the fastest growing and promising open source projects at Apache Software Foundation - Apache Ignite and its enterprise counterpart, GridGain.
Required Job Duties:
- Write technical documentation, including user guides, release notes, getting started guides and tutorials targeted for software architects and developers, etc.
- Become an Apache Ignite contributor who can clarify and simplify complex and extensive Apache Ignite documentation.
- Communicate with the Apache Ignite community and GridGain engineering, solution architects, and customer-facing teams to produce user-friendly materials and content.
- Edit, clarify and proofread documents including public APIs written by others.
- Work as part of an international team, contributing to internal and external documentation for a wide audience, including software architects/engineers, end users, developers, and in-memory computing experts.
- Supplement documents with relevant code samples, graphics, and drawings.
Essential Skills & Requirements:
- BA/BS degree or equivalent practical experience.
- 5+ years of relevant experience: technical writing, product documentation, or online publishing including experience with writing technical, customer-facing materials.
- Experience with source code written in Java, .Net and/or other programming languages.
- Excellent communication skills.
- English proficiency is a must.
- Practical experience in documenting distributed systems, databases, streaming or computational platforms.
- Software engineering experience in languages such as Java, .NET, Python, and others is a plus.
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, sex, age, national origin or disability.