Date Posted: 08/09/2022
Req ID: 26455
Department: Department of Social Justice Education
Campus: St. George (Downtown Toronto)
Position Number: 00043583
The Department of Social Justice Education offers a multi and interdisciplinary graduate program developed from the past programs of History and Philosophy of Education as well as Sociology in Education. This department provides students with critical understandings of the social, historical, cultural, political, economic, and ethical contexts of education, broadly conceived. Based on the diverse intellectual traditions of the humanities and social sciences, the department is committed to multi and interdisciplinary studies in education, with a focus on equity and social justice from a variety of perspectives including history, philosophy, sociology and political science.
Under the general supervision of the Graduate Liaison Officer, the Recruitment and Communications Assistant is the first point of contact for prospective and current students in the department, responsible for providing a wide range of administrative support and student services for the day-to-day function of the department's graduate programs. Typical responsibilities will include: responding to inquiries from students; acting as a key resource for policies, procedures, and timelines; organizing logistics and supporting a range of events, including annual orientation, Open House, ?Meet and Greets? for potential students, etc.; coordinating the scheduling of Program meetings, courses, and examinations; coordinating space and equipment; maintaining program lists and student information; assisting with course and program administration and evaluation; preparing routine or standard communications to students; disseminating information to students about activities and services via handbooks, emails, electronic conferences, and the website; administrative support to the admissions process, including: student recruitment, conversion, and retention activities; administrative support to the student awards process, assisting in the coordination and dissemination of information, such as program admissions requirements and degree regulations (i.e., degree timelines, program options, general graduate information, course scheduling, etc.).
Your responsibilities will include:
Disseminating program materials to prospective students and applicants
- Liaising with prospective students to provide detailed registration information
- Assists with planning, editing and review of marketing materials
- Determining logistical details and activities for events and/or programming
- Providing detailed information regarding admission requirements to prospective students and applicants
- Provides administrative support to faculty and instructors
- Participates in student recruitment, conversion, and retention activities
Bachelor's Degree or acceptable combination of equivalent experience.
- Minimum two years recent and related experience in student recruitment and student services; communications; administrative support, interpretation of policies and rules, preferably in a higher education setting.
- Experience in delivering high-quality communications content in a range of formats.
- Experience with social media technologies, including content management and web platforms such as Drupal, image editing, RSVP management tools and survey creation tools.
- Experience providing detailed information to students with relevant academic guidelines and procedures and other related information.
- Experience organizing events and workshops and experience handling expenses for events.
- Experience developing content for and producing marketing and promotional materials.
- Experience working in a busy, fast-paced environment with a high volume of student inquiries.
- Strong organizational skills and attention to detail.
- Awareness of and sensitivity to diversity issues.
- Advanced skills with MS Office 365 (Word, Excel, PowerPoint and Outlook).
- High degree of computer proficiency with data management programs.
- Ability to problem-solve and exercise initiative and judgment in the application and implementation of university and departmental policies and procedures.
- Strong client service orientation.
- Patience and ability to develop collaborative relationships with internal and external constituents and interacting effectively with diverse prospect and applicant populations.
Familiarity with student record systems (i.e. ROSI)
- Knowledge of University of Toronto, School of Graduate Studies and OISE policy and procedures
To be successful in this role you will be:
- Possess a positive attitude
Closing Date: 08/17/2022, 11:59PM ET
Employee Group: USW
Appointment Type: Budget - Continuing
Pay Scale Group & Hiring Zone:
USW Pay Band 09 - $60,006 with an annual step progression to a maximum of $76,739. Pay scale and job class assignment is subject to determination pursuant to the Job Evaluation/Pay Equity Maintenance Protocol.
Job Category: Student Services
Recruiter: Jennifer Tucker
Lived Experience Statement
Candidates who are members of Indigenous, Black, racialized and 2SLGBTQ+ communities, persons with disabilities, and other equity deserving groups are encouraged to apply, and their lived experience shall be taken into consideration as applicable to the posted position.