Please apply on *************
Apply Here: *************
Marketing & Events Coordinator or Manager (Full-Time)
Foresight Cleantech Accelerator Centre is a growing organization with an exciting mission: accelerating the growth and impact of cleantech ecosystems across Canada. We bring together industry, government, academia, investors, and innovators to address today's most urgent climate issues. Join us!
A self-starter on the Marketing, Communications, and Events team, you will work with the Sr. Events & Outreach Manager to bring our organization's purpose and impact story to life. We're looking for a Marketing & Events Coordinator to support our busy events lineup through events coordination, event task management and scope, and managing our internal and external events calendar.
In addition to supporting our events offerings, the Marketing & Events Coordinator is also responsible for supporting the wider MarComm team. This could include support with analytics and reporting, slide deck drafting, content drafting, and event promotion.
An exciting element of the Marketing & Events Coordinator role is editing our monthly podcast episodes. Working closely with our Content Manager, the Coordinator cuts together interviews for our Cleantech Forward podcast, ensuring the episode is ready for public distribution. Training on the editing software will be made available.
Essential Duties And Responsibilities :
- Support the execution of world class experiential events (virtual and in person, as public health restrictions permit), facilitating partnerships globally and locally
- Elevate our event experience and introduce new people to our community
- Support events and community marketing initiatives
- Work closely with the Programs, Partnerships, and Marketing teams to support event participation in external events, as well as tactical support for Foresight internal events and workshops
- Measure, analyze, and report on success of events and programs
- Manage and develop the Foresight events calendars, both internal and on our website
- Develop speaker kits, agendas, and other tools needed for successful events
- Conduct speaker prep sessions to review technical event aspects
- Support new event formats as well as improvements to our existing event formats
- Maximize value while streamlining the process for repeat events
- Working closely with our Content Manager to edit our monthly podcast episodes for public distribution
- Support the Marketing and Communications team on additional tasks as needed, including analytics and reporting, slide deck drafting, content drafting, and more
- Experience using Zoom Events, Webinars, and Meetings, as well as WordPress, video editing software (Premiere Pro, AfterEffects, or equivalent,) and Google Drive
- Strong interest in cleantech, innovation, and entrepreneurship
- Team player, willingness to dive in and get things done
- Entrepreneurial mindset with the ability to spot opportunities
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Fluent in leveraging various programs for presentations, data management, and organization of projects and calendars
- Ability to prioritize and see projects from beginning to end
- Strong attention to detail and follow-through
- Demonstrated experience with event management, program/project management, or community building
- Strong time management, communication, and scheduling skills
- Ensuring event speakers are prepared, arrive on time, and are supported through any challenges
- Experience organizing in-person and virtual events on a variety of platforms
- Undergraduate degree in a relevant field (business, science, technology, etc) or commensurate work experience
- Experience editing audio, editing video, and slide deck design an asset
Job Type: Full-Time Rate: $45,000-$55,000
- benefits (commensurate with experience)
What You'll Get
- A fully remote work environment
- A new, company provided Macbook for your role
- 3 weeks of vacation time to start, plus additional flexibility to support work-life balance
- The opportunity to work for a growing team, and design your career growth path
- Mentorship and training to develop your skills
- The unique ability to combine your career in marketing with your passion for the planet by supporting the growth and impact of clean technologies
Foresight accelerates the growth and impact of cleantech ecosystems across Canada. We have supported 750+ ventures in our Kickstart, Launch, Deliver, and Grow programs, and 150+ industry partners through our industry, capital, and export programs. Foresight's expertise has helped secure $840 million in capital, $310+ million revenues and 6,700+ high-paying jobs with an economic impact of over $1 billion. Our domestic and international engagement includes collaboration with 2,000+ stakeholders and partners. We have a strong history of strategy, ecosystem mapping, and partnership building that positions Canada as a global leader in cleantech innovation.
Foresight recognizes that the best teams include diverse voices. We welcome all applicants with the requisite experience and skills for the position to apply, and invite interested individuals to reach out with any questions or requests for accommodation through the application or interview process.
The team at Foresight is passionate about solving pressing environmental problems and bringing transformative technologies to market. Apply today to join this dynamic team. Apply today on our website.
Job Types: Full-time, Permanent
Salary: $45,000.00-$55,000.00 per year
- Bonus pay
- Extended health care
- Work from home
Flexible language requirement:
- French not required
- Monday to Friday