Join a global professional services leader. We are committed to solving the world's biggest challenges in the areas of water, energy and urbanization.
GHD has an immediate opportunity for a Global External Communications Manager. This role will accelerate a powerful positive external reputation for GHD globally by executing a fully integrated robust media strategy, which lifts our brand awareness and consideration set across our industry and the communities within we operate. Through the delivery of strategic counsel, change management and timely communications direction, the role will help drive increased media share of voice across our three respective regions through strategic and tactical initiatives that significantly enhance and sustain GHD's external reputation. This position can be based in most GHD office locations in Canada or the United States. GHD supports a hybrid work model.
The Global External Communications Manager will:
- Provide proactive media engagement: identify dynamic profiling opportunities; develop, advise on and implement media strategy; direct media releases and other content as part of a global calendar; coach spokespeople on all media contact to protect and build eminence for GHD, our Strategic Growth Initiatives, our senior leaders, clients and partners.
- Develop and implement external channel strategies to support the strategic direction and positioning of GHD including the development and implementation of the CoE Marketing strategy, our talent brand goals and Regional communications plans - through integrated campaigns that deliver our brand proposition and enterprise strategy.
- Demonstrate subject matter expert knowledge and a proven record of success in the following areas: climate action, water security, ESG, sustainability, and resilience.
- Implement global governance of media releases, newsletter and related marketing materials that provide the necessary brand focus to expand market awareness as well as align to enterprise and regional objectives.
- Manage and have accountability for the performance all PR agencies appointed globally. Contribute and support the global content planning calendar across all regions including alignment to all social media channels
- Consult in the development of selection, appointment and accountability of media partner packages in conjunction with the CoE Strategic Growth Initiatives Leader, including planning, buying and execution.
- Have accountability for the development of GHD's Media policy and associated risk management practices including consultation of GHD's Social Media Code of Conduct. Regularly review GHD's crisis management communication plan to ensure it is well understood and aligned with industry best practice and business needs.
- Design a global set of success metrics and using Meltwater reporting to identify opportunities, assesses competitor activity and is data informed in the delivery of ?out of the box' thinking for brand growth opportunities.
The successful candidate will have:
- Relevant tertiary qualifications in a Marketing or Business discipline
- Demonstrated experience in managing, developing and implementing fully integrated strategic communications, to advance business outcomes and goals
- 5+ years of experience leading communication strategy and program in one of the world's leading ESG brands or a major corporate sustainability initiative.
- 5+ years of experience briefing respected journalists and media outlets who cover sustainability, infrastructure, and the built environment (e.g., Journal of Environmental Engineering, Strong Towns, Grist, Planetizen, Envirotec, etc.). Deep relationships and connections with main ESG industry media outlets in the US and EMEA a strong differentiator.
- An ability to quickly build rapport senior stakeholder by actively listening A passion for social media content, success metrics and data informed decision making
- Ability to work flexible hours to accommodate global time zones
As a multicultural organization, we encourage individual achievement and recognize the strength of a diverse workforce. GHD is an equal opportunity employer. We provide equal employment opportunities to all qualified employees and applicants without regard to race, creed, religion, national origin, citizenship, color, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, disability, marital status or veteran status. #LI-Remote
Being the best we can be is in our culture.
We are a family of smart, innovative and creative problem solvers. In our employee-owned company, everything feels like it matters more. Challenge us and help us come up with new solutions to ensure water, energy and urbanisation are made sustainable for generations to come.
Our commitment to you
Commitment is a powerful word that defines how we do business, how we serve our clients and how we care for one another. We will support your needs by giving you the tools to do your best work and then recognise achievements. We will set your curiosity free to allow brilliant minds to do their best work. We will invest in new ideas, removing barriers where we can. Finally, we will encourage you to collaborate with thousands of diverse people across our global business.
Who we are
We are committed to solving the world's biggest challenges in the areas of water, energy and urbanisation. GHD is a global professional services company that is a leader in engineering, construction and architectural expertise. Established in 1928, we remain wholly owned by our people. We are 10,000+ diverse and skilled individuals, yet we are proudly ?One GHD' across more than 200 offices, spanning five continents - Asia, Australia, Europe, North and South America, and the Pacific region. Delivering extraordinary social and economic outcomes, we are passionate about building lasting relationships with our partners and clients.
Covid Vaccine Position Statement
In response to the evolving Covid-19 pandemic, GHD has established an Operating Procedure confirming it will comply with vaccination requirements for any work which is subject to either (i) municipal, provincial, or federal government mandates or (ii) client requirements which require vaccination to perform such work, either on a client site or any workplace (?Work Requiring Vaccination?). To the extent allowed by law, GHD employees performing Work Requiring Vaccination will be required to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 and may be required to show proof of vaccination prior to engaging in this work. GHD will consider reasonable accommodation requests in the event you are unable to be vaccinated on the basis of a protected ground under applicable human rights legislation.