Hill+Knowlton Strategies is looking for an Social Media Specialist with 1-3 years' experience in social media and community management to join our dynamic Toronto team. This represents an exciting opportunity to work with a diverse portfolio of clients. You will work with H+K's content and social team in executing and maintaining client channels, as well as helping develop content.
This is a hybrid/remote opportunity based in Toronto, Ontario
The ideal candidate is a self-starter with a track record of building online communities. They know what resonates online and know how to pivot on a dime to build engagement. We are looking for not only incredible talent, but also great attitude, energy and passion for H+K and our clients. This role will work within the lifestyle sectors, so preference for experience with sports, retail and leisure, home decor, and food and beverage.
Our people bring their individualism and creativity to work every day and love what they do. Hill+Knowlton Strategies Toronto +YOU, together.
Here's what you'll do:
- You are the brand champion representing clients on all social channels and are the first point of contact for any comments or request that come in
- Assist in ideating and creating monthly/weekly content calendars for brands; this includes providing recommendations for engaging text, image and video content for social media accounts
- Respond to comments and customer queries in a timely manner
- Monitor and report on feedback to client from online reviews and comments
- Organize and participate in events to build community and boost brand awareness
- Work alongside the Content
- Publishing team to ideate and create digital strategies and content for brands
- Create monthly and quarterly reports to share with team and client; this includes pulling data from channels and providing recommendations on changes and updates month to month
- Stay up to date with social and digital technology trends, and where relevant feature trends into campaigns
What you'll need to get here:
- 1-3 years' experience in social media and community management
- Bachelor's degree in Marketing, Communications, or equivalent business experience managing social media
- Strong copy writing and editing skills
- Working knowledge of Microsoft Office Suite application, Sprout Social, Hootsuite, Brand Watch, Adobe Creative Cloud (including photoshop and illustrator)
- Highly organized with ability to manage priorities and coordinate multiple projects simultaneously
- Strong communication, project management, administrative, and interpersonal skills
- Must adapt easily to change in a dynamic work environment with an emphasis on customer satisfaction
- Willingness and ability to work varied hours (nights and weekends) as required
What else is in it for you?
- Full health benefits package-including healthy paid time off, schedule flexibility, fitness reimbursement, and more
- Employee referral bonus
- A career working with and influencing bold, creative teams and client accounts
- A passionate, smart, fun, and creative office culture
- Strong leadership with a focus on entrepreneurial thinking, training and mentoring to help you grow, expand your skills and become your professional best
Hill+Knowlton Strategies is dedicated to employment equity, diversity, in the workplace and encourages applications from all qualified applicants. If you require any accommodation during the recruitment process, please reach out to us.
Hill+Knowlton Strategies Canada (H+K) is a public relations and public affairs' consultancy providing services to local, multinational, and global clients from its eight offices across the country.
The firm works with clients to solve complex communications challenges and delivers award winning campaigns and is focus on continued innovation for the industry. H+K offers deep sector knowledge and breadth of public relations and public affairs' expertise including specialists in health
- wellness, technology, goverment+public sector, energy+industrials, consumer packaged goods, financial+professional services, food+drink, retail+leisure and sports.
- Knowlton Strategies Inc., has offices in more than 40 countries as well as an extensive associate network; and it is a member of WPP (NASDAQ:WPPGY), one of the world's largest communications services groups.
H+K Strategies welcome and encourage applications from people with disabilities, as such reasonable accommodations are available upon request from a candidate with a disability, thus ensuring you can take part in all aspects of the recruitment and selection process. If as a qualified job applicant, you request an accommodation, we will consult with you and provide reasonable accommodations according to your accessibility needs. If you wish to make a request, please provide a cover letter, when applying to this position.
The successful candidate to this role may be asked to complete a background screen, which may include criminal, credit, employment, educational checks and/or COVID 19 vaccination checks. All offers of employment are conditional on the receipt of satisfactory results of any applicable check. In our continued commitment to prioritize colleague health, comply with customer/business partner requirements, and help preserve our business continuity.
H+K Strategies requires employees, contractors, and business partners to be fully vaccinated with relevant dose(s) of a Health Canada approved vaccine for all new hires by their start date in order to attend the office or meet with employees or clients. ?Fully vaccinated? means it has been 14 days after receiving the full series of a COVID-19 vaccine or combination of COVID-19 vaccines approved by Health Canada (i.e. two doses of a two-dose vaccine series, or one dose of a single-dose vaccine series), and which may include, at the Company's discretion, any further doses in accordance with Health Canada guidelines.
Exemptions will only be granted for medical reasons or on a protected ground under applicable human rights legislation.
Statement on Diversity & Inclusivity:
H+K Strategies Canada provides services in one of the most diverse countries in the world. The diversity of our communities takes many forms. It includes differences related, amongst others to race, ethnicity, national origin, gender identity, gender expression and presentation, sexual orientation, religion, age, ability, and socioeconomic status. We see diversity as an asset to our organization and communities and strive to be reflective of the communities that we serve. We commit ourselves to promoting better understanding and appreciation of our human diversity; a commitment which is best realized through our individual and collective effort.
We are professionally and personally committed to celebrating the rich diversity, equity and inclusion of people who work in our company, to those who live in our communities, and to those who access our services and resources. We believe that it is critical that our services empower freedom of thought and opinion in an environment of mutual respect. All our activities and interactions are enriched by accepting each other as we are and by celebrating our uniqueness as well as our commonality. We are guided by the principle that celebrating diversity, equity and inclusion enriches and empowers the lives of all people.
Message to Agencies:
H+K Strategies Canada does not accept unsolicited telephone calls, referrals or resumes from any source other than directly from candidates. H+K Strategies Canada will not consider unsolicited telephone calls, referrals and/or resumes from vendors including and without limitation, search firms, staffing agencies, fee-based referral services and recruiting agencies. The submission of referrals or resumes by anyone other than a candidate directly to H+K Strategies Canada is not welcome. Unsolicited referrals and resumes sent to H+K Strategies Canada will be deemed gratuitous, and H+K Strategies Canada will not be obligated or bound in any way to pay a referral or any other fee if a person referred to us from a source other than a direct candidate is subsequently hired.
#LI - AHC6