Otter Co-op is now accepting applications for a Full-Time Marketing Specialist at our Administrative Office located in Langley, BC.
Who we are:
Co-op does business differently. As a co-operative, we believe in working together to serve Western Canadians, delivering profits back to our communities and investing in sustainable growth. To learn more about who we are and how you can help bring our brand to life, visit us at www.otterco-op.crs.
Responsible for leading and overseeing the Marketing & Community Relations team for Otter Co-op and the organizations diverse portfolio of commodities which includes liquor, feed, food, fuel, pharmacy, hardware, and hospitality. Implements marketing programs and initiatives. Collaborates with members of the senior leadership team to ensure consistent alignment of marketing and community relations programs and practices across the organization
What you will do:
Reporting to the CEO, the responsibilities for this position include the following:
- Provide leadership to Otter Co-op's Marketing and Community Relations team. Responsible for the talent management cycle, including recruitment, development and training, performance management, etc
- Assist in creating and executing marketing campaigns, such as promotional emails, advertising copy, broadcast speaking points, landing pages and account-based marketing
- Design traditional and digital media campaigns aligned with business goals to grow B2C (Business to Consumer) and B2B (Business to Business) engagement
- Copywriting on internal and external communications relating to marketing, including newsletters, memos, email marketing content, social media content, website articles and team member training materials
- A hands-on role in the curation of content through visiting our locations, interviewing our team to communicate our story and capture product and team member photography
- Coordinate the creation and design of content through various medias (online, print, etc.) using Adobe Creative Suite and other tools for the purpose of marketing and promoting our brand
- Collaborate on content marketing strategy and content creation with Federated Co-operatives Limited's (FCL) Marketing Team
- Use strong writing and grammar skills to create high quality, consistent content, managing multiple content themes and channels at any given time, ensuring a dominating online presence, and increasing engagement that drives sales and improves customer retention
- Work with the team to produce print assets (brochures, handouts, banners, promotional material) for use at conferences, tradeshows, and consumer events
- Ensuring that the Otter Co-op brand is present and relevant in all marketing materials presented to our guests and team members
- Participate and attend special events as required
- Contribute to the team in living the Corporate Values of
- Other duties as assigned
Why it matters:
Our team provides a range of products and services to support our member-owners. Through the work that we do, we help to build, fuel, feed and grow Western Canadian communities together.
Who you are:
You are looking for a career in Marketing and:
- Post-Secondary Education, with a preference for Business or Marketing
- 5+ years of relevant marketing experience
- Be able to work efficiently in a team setting as well as independently in a fast-paced environment
- Proficiency using Adobe Creative Suite and Microsoft Office is a must
- Experience with social media channels, particularly Facebook and Instagram, is required. A working knowledge of Hootsuite would be an asset
- Experience with Photography and Video Editing is an asset
- A proven ability to meet deadlines
- A valid BC Divers License (to visit our local locations and curate content)
- Excellent understanding of contemporary digital marketing principles, strategies and best practices
- Comfortable designing in both digital and print assets
- Excellent work ethic and strong attention to detail
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills, including ability to effectively communicate with internal and external guests in a polite and engaging manner
Our Team Members receive competitive salaries and for eligible positions there is also a comprehensive benefits package and an employer matched pension plan. We encourage our Team Members to take advantage of learning opportunities, to grow and develop and to foster a culture of teamwork and innovation.
Otter Co-op is committed to a diverse and supportive working environment based on our Core Company Values of Integrity, Community and Excellence. We are committed to giving back to our communities through our Corporate Social Responsibility Program.
At Co-op, we embrace diversity and inclusion, and we are working to create a workplace that is as diverse as the communities we serve. We support and provide an environment that allows all to bring their whole selves to work.
All successful candidates will be required to undergo a background check.
We would like to thank everyone for their applications, however only candidates that will be moving forward in the interview process will be contacted.