We promise you haven't worked with anyone else like us before! We are Outgive Inc, a Toronto-based company that started in 2013 specializing in e-commerce & digital marketing. We're a global team of 450+ A-players working on various brands and initiatives with specialized skills not limited but including web developers, copywriters, graphic designers, logistics managers, account managers, customer service, SEO experts, video editors, digital marketers, marketplace specialists, ad specialists, etc.
In our never-ending pursuit to continue to achieve synergistic projects in digital marketing and e-commerce, we constantly expand and enlarge our brands to achieve new milestones of success.
What's the job?
We are looking for a Full Stack Developer/Solutions Architect with the below day to day responsibilities :
- Ensures that feature requests (Easy and Moderate) are delivered with quality and on time
- Assist in architecting the product platform
- Attends meeting and contributes in project and initiative brainstorming
- Prepare and submit reports requested by supervisor or team lead
- Adherence to legal and company policies and procedures and undertake disciplinary actions if the need arises
- Provide recommendations to improve processes and quality of work as needed.
- Collaborate with team members to design and develop robust, scalable software solutions
- Write well-designed, testable, efficient code by using best software development practices
- Enjoy writing code for business and/or data layers
- Related educational background
- At least 3 years experience in web application development using AWS, ReactJS, NodeJS, Docker, PostgreSQL, and GIT
- Experience with Rest API design
- Willing to be trained and coached by senior developers
- Excellent communication skills
NOT REQUIRED, BUT WOULD BE A GREAT ASSET TO YOUR APPLICATION:
- Bonus if you have WordPress development experience
- Bonus if you stay up to date with industry best practices
- Bonus if you are experienced with peer-to-peer code review practices
- Bonus if you have website testing and QA experience
- Ensure cross-platform optimization for mobile phones
- Ensure responsiveness of applications
- Design and develop API
Is it remote and what are the hours like?
This position is 100% remote but must be able to work on EST hours (9am-5pm).
What's the pay?
The compensation is commensurate and negotiable based on experience.
Am I qualified for the position?
We don't believe in a strict list of ?qualifications?. We care more about the passion for the industry and role, the grit you have to learn new challenges, and your ability to work well with others who you can learn from!
Will I be able to succeed in this role?
Take a moment to ask yourself if you embody some, if not all, of our 4 G's - grit, growth, gratitude and greatness. If you think you have a driven personality combined with an appreciation for collaboration, teamwork and creative freedom, then you definitely belong here!
How do I apply?
If you got this far and still feel excited about the opportunity, submit an application now!
Kindly include any portfolio you have that will help us see more of your expertise.
Job Type: Full-time
- 8 hour shift
- Day shift
Full Stack Developer: 3 years (preferred)
Outgive is the parent organization of several different brands and companies. All of them have one thing in common, and that is e-commerce! We are a fast-growing company at the intersection of technology and digital marketing. With humble beginnings in Toronto, Outgive was established in 2013 by two friends and has grown to become a global team of 350+ specialized experts. As Outgivers, we share a passion for the e-commerce and digital industry, supporting collaboration and diversity, and finding innovative ways to carve success for our clients and ourselves. Our company values consist of 4Gs - Grit, Growth, Greatness, and Gratitude. These are the values that drive all of us here to keep growing and learning.