Software Secured (https://softwaresecured.com/) is a leading Penetration Testing as a Service (PTaaS) company, with a head office in beautiful Ottawa, Canada. We help software development teams get ahead of hackers, using a suite of services and products.
We are looking for a Software Developer ? to join the team and help our clients continuously ship code faster and build more secure software, while empowering our internal team to automate processes.
In this role, you will be wearing multiple hats and working on several projects including:
- improving our internal processes through tools and technology
- building our penetration testing management tool (Portal (https://www.softwaresecured.com/portal/))
- participating in the design and implementation for new software projects
- helping us build and grow the engineering team
Our ideal candidate is looking to take ownership of what they build and is product-minded. Tech and dev decisions are important, but it's crucial for us to focus on our clients' needs, build with the future in mind and ensure we're solving real problems - not just shipping code.
At this time, the role is only available to Canadian citizens, permanent residents, or work visa holders.
Our Core Values
- Keeping it Secure: Software Secured's mission and values are a part of everything we do. We care about ensuring our clients can do what they do without having to worry about hackers disrupting their work.
- Curiosity and humility: We are dedicated to learning and constantly improving. We hire the best of the best and humility is the key to remaining the best.
- Own it: our engineers work hard to improve the state of web application security. To get there, we need to own every project, every assessment, every challenge and every line of code.
- Dive Deep: hard problems require diving deep to understand the real cause of the problem. We are not afraid of diving deep to come up with the best solutions.
- Bold: we take huge risks so our clients can minimize theirs. Taking risks is part of what we do daily, so we can ensure the highest impact of our solutions.
What we're looking for
- 2+ years of software development experience
- You have experience with one or more of: TypeScript+Node.js or similar, Svelte+SvelteKit or similar, Python+Django or similar
- You are product-minded and customer-focused - it's not just about writing code or the technical implementation
- You have a collaborative mindset and are excited to work with various teams in the company (operations, marketing, etc.)
- You balance making impactful design/development choices with shipping quickly
- You value discussion, documentation and code review as part of the development process
- You are a genuine believer in security and privacy
Nice to Have
- Open-source contributions
- Public speaking experience
- Familiarity with AWS
- DevOps experience
- Security engineering experience
Even if you're unsure you meet all of the above criteria, please still apply! There's always room for learning on the job - we mainly value your interest and alignment with the role and with our company values.
What we're offering
- (https://emojipedia.org/flag-canada/) Work remotely anywhere in Canada (you're welcome to work in the Ottawa office when you'd like the option).
- Work remotely from anywhere in the world for up to 2 months per year.
- (https://emojipedia.org/money-with-wings/) Perks such as: monthly UberEats budget, annual home office stipend.
- You will receive two weeks per year and a budget to dedicate to training and self-development.
- Parental, bereavement and child loss leave.
- You will receive a great health benefits package (includes dental, vision, practitioners, etc.).
- (https://emojipedia.org/headphone/) You will receive a free audible account.