We are currently seeking a Service Writer for our growing Peterbilt dealership in Mississauga, ON. This position is responsible for assisting the service manager in maintaining accurate and on-time reports and records relative to the Service Department's operation.
Current shifts available:
- Day shift, Monday-Friday 9am-5:30pm
- Afternoon shift Monday-Friday 2pm-10:30pm
Duties & Responsibilities
- Fields internal and external customer inquiries to the Service Department
- Open work orders as directed by the customer and ensure they are closed and invoices accurately
- Maintain Service Department filing and records
- Update customer profiles using equipment, hours and contact information from the customer work orders
- Send repair estimates and discuss repairs with customers
- Process warranty and/or product improvement claims including the computation of charges, submission and follow-up
- Knowledge of office procedures
- General understanding of mechanical/technical terms is preferred
- Basic knowledge of accounting practices
- Basic knowledge of estimating and invoicing
- Experience with and ability to use standard desktop load applications such as Microsoft office and internet functions
- High school diploma or equivalent experience
Discover The Brandt Advantage
When you work for Brandt, we work for you. It's as simple as that. That means on-the-job education to develop new skills, advancement opportunities, a comprehensive benefits package and more - all backed by unmatched job security.
About the Brandt Group of Companies
The Brandt Group of Companies - headquartered in Regina, Saskatchewan, Canada - is a privately owned manufacturing and distribution company that serves a growing international audience in industries such as agriculture, construction, forestry, rail, mining, steel, transportation, material handling, and energy. The company has 5400+ employees and more than 170 locations in Canada, USA, Australia, and New Zealand. Brandt is one of Canada's largest privately owned companies and is among an elite group of Platinum Club members of Canada's Best Managed Companies.