Job Description :
IGM Financial Inc. is one of Canada's leading diversified wealth and asset management companies with approximately $271 billion in total assets under managements. The company provides a broad range of financial planning and investment management services to help more than two million Canadians meet their financial goals. Its activities are carried out principally through IG Wealth Management, Mackenzie Investments and Investment Planning Counsel.
Under IGM Financial's unique business model based on leading brands and multi-channel distribution strategy is Mackenzie Investments, founded in 1967. Mackenzie Investments is a holistic asset-management partner for thousands of Canadian financial advisors and the investors they support.
At Mackenzie Investments You Can Build Your Career with Confidence.
We have a vision and a strategy that will challenge the way business in this industry is done and help Canadians be successful in the ways that mean the most to them. As part of our team, you will do some of your best work, develop some of your most valuable skills and give back in ways that make a difference in the lives of Canadians. We are proud to be recognized as one of Greater Toronto's Top Employers (2022) by Mediacorp Canada Inc. for empowering our employees with the tools to thrive while working remotely, while also providing resources to ensure physical and mental wellness were put front and centre.
Join an unstoppable team that is embedded in continuous learning, understanding, and knowledge sharing. You will thrive in our supportive environment where you can indulge your curiosity to learn, while receiving the feedback you need to refine your skills and abilities. We are dedicated to offering a hybrid work environment when applicable.
Mackenzie Investments is a diverse workplace committed to doing business inclusively - this starts with having a representative workforce! We encourage applications from all qualified candidates that represent the diversity present across Canada - including racialized persons, women, Indigenous persons, persons with disabilities, 2SLGBTQIA+ community, gender diverse and neurodiverse individuals, as well as all who may contribute to the further diversification of ideas.
Position O verview :
As part of a national Corporate Communications team, the Manager, Corporate Communications will lead day-to-day public/media relations activities for IGM Financial, including both IG Wealth Management and Mackenzie Investments.
The individual will work collaboratively with the company's agency partner, management and business leads to develop effective communication strategies, ensuring consistent use of key messages across a range of activities and tailoring these messages toward specific audiences.
The successful candidate will also contribute to the editorial direction of the team and will use his/her superior writing skills to draft and edit content (including social media pieces) for a range of external audiences.
- Communication strategy development and planning
- Work with business stakeholders to develop targeted, integrated, creative communications/PR plans that effectively engage audiences and are aligned with industry best practices.
- Collaborate with colleagues and the PR agency to ensure campaigns/plans are moving forward in a timely manner and are addressing the needs of internal stakeholders.
- Media relations
- Establish and maintain strong relationships with key national, regional and trade journalists.
- Work with media outlets and journalists to secure interview opportunities for IGM/IG/Mackenzie spokespeople.
- Consultation with business leads and senior management
- Provide expert communications advice and recommendations to business counterparts.
- Serve as PR representative on various working committees.
- Work collaboratively and creatively with marketing counterparts to develop and recommend integrated external engagement strategies.
- Writing and editing
- Create content and manage approvals for a variety of external and internal materials.
- The individual will lead the development of press releases, media pitches, speaking notes, social media content, video scripts, and materials for web conferences and web pages.
- Manage content delivery, including translation, design, digital and multimedia requirements as needed.
- Ensure IG and Mackenzie are industry leaders in earned media share of voice.
7+ years experience in a corporate communications environment. Direct experience within the financial services industry considered an asset.
- Experience in developing and implementing communications campaigns for external and internal audiences.
- A proven track record in the area of media relations and a strong understanding of how to integrate social media into PR campaigns.
- Strong and versatile writer who can balance corporate tone with attention-grabbing storytelling.
- Established and proven relationships with a wide cross-section of journalists.
- Exceptional editing skills.
- Proactive, creative mindset favouring partnership, innovation and the ability to build strong relationships and collaborate effectively with stakeholders across the business.
- Strong project management skills with the ability to manage multiple projects within tight deadlines.
- Expertise in social media strategy and drafting content for different platforms (e.g. LinkedIn, Twitter, etc.).
- Ability to engage with management confidently.
- Experience working with an external PR agency.
- Demonstrated interest in communications industry best practices an asset.
- Post-secondary degree or diploma in Communications or Public Relations.
- Bilingual in English and French considered an asset.
Please visit our career page by clicking on the following link: https://www.mackenzieinvestments.com/en/careers
For internal applicants, please share with your current leader your intent to apply to the role. In the event that you are selected, please let your Talent Acquisition Partner know if you are in any other internal recruitment process.
We thank all applicants for their interest in Mackenzie Investments; however only those candidates selected for an interview will be contacted.
Mackenzie Investments is an accessible employer committed to providing a barrier free recruitment experience. If you require an accommodation or this information in an alternate format at any stage of the recruitment process, please reach out to the Talent Acquisition team who will work with you to meet your needs.
Please apply by September 6, 2022.